Earth Agents Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Earth Agents Forum

Where we discuss things revalent to the group

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MLK DAY 2010: One RLSH Perspective.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
CaptainBlack
Admin
CaptainBlack

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2010-01-09

MLK DAY 2010: One RLSH Perspective. Empty
PostSubject: MLK DAY 2010: One RLSH Perspective.   MLK DAY 2010: One RLSH Perspective. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 1:40 pm

MLK DAY 2010 didn't move me this year. My commitment to activism generally and RLSHs in particular remain undeterred. Today's occasion I simply wasn't feeling. I'm tired of the parades populated by happy hostages to corruption and crime alongside discriminators smiling smiles at them for one day out of the year. RLSHs are remarkably advanced on race matters to our eternal credit. American culture surrounding us is another matter. My brothers and sisters with fancy names and outfits aren't free from racial or other hangups I'm willing to bet. They are more willing to deal with someones innate nature regardless of the packaging ( color; orientation; philosophy ) surrounding it. Dr. King would be pleased I'd like to think. While our look would surely raise his eyebrows, our ideals and efforts would hopefully meet his approval.

The B.L.A.C.K. in my Capt. Black brand name means Brotherhood-Loyalty-Ability-Courage-Kindness. It also means this RLSH offers himself as a Black man, doing this for his community and all communities. The content of our characters is impressive and shocking. The color of our skins and other identifiers are diverse. Our commitment to helping society and tackling very bad people is universal. That makes me proud. I'm no starry-eyed idealist. I am however fair and give credit where credit is due.

On this day of all days I can say I'm a Black RLSH and a RLSH who happens to be Black. My extended family comes in many shapes, shades and sizes. Our spirit is the same regardless of the vessel. This spiritual sameness is a victory for what Dr. King championed. For that matter, he's as good a candidate for non-uniformed real life superhero status as anyone in global history. So while the day isn't doing it for me this time, the RLSH community and movement does.

NADRA ENZI AKA CAPT. BLACK promotes crime fighting and self-development. nadracaptblack@ymail.com and (912) 272-2898.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/nadrasw1
ThePatriot

Number of posts : 393
Registration date : 2009-08-22

PostSubject: Re: MLK DAY 2010: One RLSH Perspective.   MLK DAY 2010: One RLSH Perspective. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 7:16 pm

Captain Black, personally maybe it's just me but I would rather try and incorporate what martin luther king stood for then pay lip service to mlk day. Another thing is that I would seperate role models from RLSH's.
Back to top Go down
CaptainBlack
Admin
CaptainBlack

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2010-01-09

PostSubject: Patriot:   MLK DAY 2010: One RLSH Perspective. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 7:45 pm

good points. That's why I'm an activist 24/7. EVERY day is a day of service for me and most members of our Movrment. King as a RLSH came from recognizing the insane amount of risk inherent in his high profile tactics. If any us hit critical mass like that it'll be miraculous!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/nadrasw1
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MLK DAY 2010: One RLSH Perspective.   MLK DAY 2010: One RLSH Perspective. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MLK DAY 2010: One RLSH Perspective.
Page 1 of 1