RLSH Disaster Relief.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
CaptainBlack
Admin

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2010-01-09

PostSubject: RLSH Disaster Relief.   Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:52 am

Is my imagination running away with me or can you see RLSH in Haiti dispensing supplies and motivation? This vision is one which keeps visiting me while thinking about what to do about this crisis. Already a real life superhero standard, taking relief efforts to large disasters domestic and foreign seem logical extensions. If ever our mix of unique image and outreach is needed it's now. That's why non-profits like Team Justice and mainstream counterparts are poised to deliver our style of humanitarianism to those most needing it.

Much as I love shooting the blues to my ( or any ) neighborhood Rogues Gallery, helping hungry people deeply fulfills too. Last years non-economy had millions feeling pangs that absent assets couldn't feed. Imagine what awaits Haitians and fellow Americans with nothing to eat or nowhere to stay? Making relief a RLSH specialty placed us on the frontlines of combating desperation and its offspring. Here's hoping we upgrade this specialty because filling empty stomachs is as heroic as stopping thugs. Both acts adddress critical social issues.

As a former Red Cross Disaster Action Team member I know what it feels like to assist single family fire; flood and other survivors. Knowing you helped bring food, shelter, clothing, medicine and other necessities fills you with quiet pride. Hunger here are daily disasters RLSHs and other concerned citizens already combat. What's more ironic ( or criminal in a humanitarian sense ) than going hungry amid brightly lit fast food resturants?

I recently secured a church brown bag giveaway. My reward was helping elderly women down the stairs and carrying bags for them. Hunger matches as terrorism as public enemy number one. Hunger is silent terror too otfen seen and ignored. Hungry people may commit burglary; shoplift or even use violence in order to eat. While not excusing misdeeds, explaination helps end vicious cycles creating crime. The RLSH war on hunger at home and abroad perhaps represents our greatest tangible contribution. Hungry people remember those who fed them. When personal fortunes improve, some of the once hungry combat hunger themselves. Inspiration goes a long way in the war against hunger.

Crime and hunger intertwine, producing steady streams of victims and victimizers. Doing what we can, where we can is the essence of RLSH disaster relief. Daily disasters fought by us are possible preparation for bigger battles.

I still envision RLSH overseas offering equal amounts of aid and inspiration. Time will tell.

NADRA ENZI AKA CAPT. BLACK promotes crime prevention and self-development through his CRIME ISN'T A CIVIL RIGHT! presentation and other efforts. HELP HAITI Y'ALL!!! is its latest urgent humanitarian highlight. nadracaptblack@ymail.com and (912) 272-2898.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/nadrasw1
ThePatriot

Number of posts : 393
Registration date : 2009-08-22

PostSubject: Re: RLSH Disaster Relief.   Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:15 am

I tried working with a homeless house in my city. They haven't talked back to me yet. One advantage there is I wouldn't need a ride to get there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThePatriot

PostSubject: Re: RLSH Disaster Relief.   Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:47 am

Greetings,

Have you checked out mhealth? It might be useful in this instance.

sincerely,

steve
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThePatriot

PostSubject: Re: RLSH Disaster Relief.   Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:13 am

Greetings,

It might be good to coordinate any efforts with another organization such as the Red Cross for instance. For instance, if the RLSH could gather the materials for the relief effort, perhaps the red cross could deliver them. That way they have experience in delivering the goods.

Another thing is that Hurricane Katrinia comes to mind. Personally, I sent a small amount for the relief effort. I heard alot of that money was wasted.

sincerely,

steve
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThePatriot

PostSubject: Re: RLSH Disaster Relief.   Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:16 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RLSH Disaster Relief.