Earth Agents Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Earth Agents Forum

Where we discuss things revalent to the group

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Things to do list for members with explinations

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Superman
Admin
Superman

Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2006-12-28

Things to do list for members with explinations Empty
PostSubject: Things to do list for members with explinations   Things to do list for members with explinations Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 2:12 pm

As we set up our respective operations we all will need to do certain things to be a success. As a lot of you don’t know me all that well whenever I ask you to do something I will try to explain why I’m asking.

1 everyone will need to set up a yahoo ID. You do not have to utilize the e-mail service they have You should also install yahoo messenger on your computer. Not to worry as both are free. Once you have I suggest saying which name you ended up with in here by adding to this post. You will be needing the yahoo ID to get into members’ only yahoo group sites where we will be stashing sensitive members’ only materials and so you can get video feeds. Also if you sign up using a valid e-mail addess your fellow members will be able to send out group alerts using the group sites e-mail features.

2 everyone will need to set up a pal talk account and ID as well. The Pal Talk ID is free and their messenger is free as well though they try and con you into paying for continuous video. This will give you access to a password protected earth agents chat room in Pal talk. The room will provide text and sound features for free.

So by combining yahoo and pal talk we get privacy, text, sound and video for free. Last I looked free fits most folks budgets.

3 you may want to also consider opening up a free hotmail account even if you never intend to use their e-mail service.
The reason is that each account there also comes with a free sky drive where you can store 40+ gigs of files. Be nice to have, a free access controlled by creator, hidey-hole on line, that can be accessed from anywhere wouldn’t it?

There may be more as we go along and others will likely add to the list too. After all with a group this awesome I shouldn’t be the only person with a decent idea.

Superman

Back to top Go down
http://earthagents.official.ws/
ThePatriot

Number of posts : 393
Registration date : 2009-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Things to do list for members with explinations   Things to do list for members with explinations Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 2:39 pm

Greetings,

So you can't log up this forum then? It seems to me it would be less work to ban them from one group and be done with it. If we could ban them from the whole site.

sincerely,

steve
Back to top Go down
ThePatriot

PostSubject: Re: Things to do list for members with explinations   Things to do list for members with explinations Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 2:43 pm

Oops wrong post. That was ment for the wrong's gallery post. Will I need to change my email?

Anyway, I'm using paltalkexpress and my identity is EarthAgent_ThePatriot. There was already another ThePatriot on there. Who knew? One thing is I got earthagent.zzn.com email, a gmail email, a yahoo email. That's alot of emails.
Back to top Go down
ThePatriot

PostSubject: Re: Things to do list for members with explinations   Things to do list for members with explinations Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 3:17 pm

Back to top Go down
Superman
Admin
Superman

PostSubject: Re: Things to do list for members with explinations   Things to do list for members with explinations Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 5:24 pm

I got 6 e-mails myself that I have to check out and that doesn’t include zzn.com or my space.

Superman
Back to top Go down
ThePatriot

PostSubject: Re: Things to do list for members with explinations   Things to do list for members with explinations Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 6:31 pm

Well, one email is one I sign up for junk mails with. As I've said before I've trying to get away from google products out of privacy concerns. So I may let that one go, and transfer all my contacts to a different email.

Though, I would like to keep things simple as possible. One thing too, is that with different yahoo groups we can't move things between boards, if we do we would have to do it manually. Though if you could add me to the earth agents group on yahoo, that would be much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Superman
Admin
Superman

PostSubject: Re: Things to do list for members with explinations   Things to do list for members with explinations Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 9:55 pm

The Central group to sign up on right now is
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Earth_Agents/. At present it is unlisted. I went in and after doing some tinkering, changed it’s setting from restricted to open to make it easier to get folks signed up. Once we have most of our folks in it I can lock it back down again and promote several of those inside to admin or owner status so they can help out any late arrivals. When you are an owner or admin of a restricted site you are automatically informed by e-mail when someone wants in your group. We can start uploading our sensitive stuff there after we have folks in and have it locked back down. I’d even go so far as to recommend this set up to all the individual teams to use as part of their team sites. As far as e-mails go I keep separate accounts to help keep what I’m doing straight. When sending away for stuff online I use an email alias programs to hide my real e-mail address canceling said alias after getting what I want. Now they may very well be sending all manner of Spam and junk e-mails to that alias but I’ll never see them, as said address doesn’t exist any more. It’s also useful for scoring free space online for stuff. Oddly enough the e-mail alias program wasn’t designed for either purpose but I use it for them anyway.

So much for sticking to directions all the time.

Superman
Back to top Go down
ThePatriot

PostSubject: Re: Things to do list for members with explinations   Things to do list for members with explinations Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 10:00 pm

Greetings,

What I use one for most of my junk mail. Though I will go sign up one the site. One thing to is we can always invite people in. Another thing is having them all be yahoo groups does simplify things.
Back to top Go down
Sakujo

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2010-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Things to do list for members with explinations   Things to do list for members with explinations Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 12:34 pm

I joined the yahoo group as sakujo@ymail.com .
Back to top Go down
http://lcliffot.wordpress.com
ThePatriot

PostSubject: Re: Things to do list for members with explinations   Things to do list for members with explinations Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 9:02 am

Yeah I saw that, though it might be the wrong one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things to do list for members with explinations   Things to do list for members with explinations Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Things to do list for members with explinations
Page 1 of 1