Earth Agents Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Earth Agents Forum

Where we discuss things revalent to the group

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Suggestions wanted

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Superman
Admin
Superman

Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2006-12-28

Suggestions wanted Empty
PostSubject: Suggestions wanted   Suggestions wanted Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 9:03 pm

Hi all,

Here is where we will submit suggestions / ideas etc for the improvement of this site. Not just this board. That includes all areas. With as diverse a group as drops by here I will be looking forward to a whole bunch of posts in this section. I already know what I like on a site. That’s why the stuff here is here. I need to know what else you think we need added. This site and board belong to all heroes everywhere not just me. I am not going to lay down a bunch of rules as those who post here know how to act without being told. Once a site is created it either grows or it dies. Let’s keep this one thriving. Any idea submitted here will either be put into use or you will have an explination as to why it wasn’t.

Superman
Back to top Go down
http://earthagents.official.ws/

Suggestions wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions wanted   Suggestions wanted Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 12:30 am

I think I agree now with a webring. With the way things are working out now, a central location with links would be cool. Each of us knows how hard it is to constanly find relavent links. Perhaps some third party to remove the prejude associated with either or our names.-Z
Back to top Go down
Superman
Admin
Superman

Suggestions wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions wanted   Suggestions wanted Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 3:58 pm

Hi Big Z,

I don’t know that there is a prejudice associated with our names other than a few small-minded folks and their stooges. It’s been my experience that if you are making any sort of a difference you’ll like as not piss someone off. They say a person is judged by two groups, friends and enemies. Rather proud of both of mine. Our detractors seem to want robotic like acceptance of everything they say no questions asked. Blind obedience is never a good idea, folks should think for themselves and make their own decisions. Now as any that know me are aware of I love Robots. But by God when I want one I make it. I don’t try to turn rational folks into one. As far as a web ring goes we already have one listed on the Earth Agents contents page. To assist in updating it I will create a section on this board where members can submit links that they run across. This will be in addition to our guest book where any person can drop in and say whatever. I could have just set up an extra guest book sort of thing where folks could post the links directly but leaving anything totally open these days is just asking for it. The Guest book I have on my Unreality Lab Site http://theunrealitylab.r8.org/ is constantly being deluged by Spam bots trying to advertise their tawdry pseudo medical wares. Not that they will ever get through as all entries on that guest book have to be approved before they show up. I guess it’s having the word lab in the name that attracts them. As far as a MY SPACE WEB RING for us supers goes I’ll make one of those MY SPACE group sites and post the link to it in the web ring section of this board that will be made by the time anyone reads this. All we need is a name for it and I am open to any and all suggestions. As part of that MY SPACE group site there will be the HTML for a button folks can add to their respective my space pages. Further details will be in the new web ring section on this board.

Superman
Back to top Go down
Superman
Admin
Superman

Suggestions wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions wanted   Suggestions wanted Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 4:42 pm

Hi Zetaman and whoever else looks at this.

I waited around for others to take on the job of creating a my space web ring and as usual didn’t diddly squat get done. You know big Z it may be that all you need to make an enemy in the RLSH movement is to actually do something rather than sitting on your fat ass just cruising boards and sites. I’m going to put the announcement about the web ring creation in the general section. It isn’t a suggestion any more it’s a reality.

Superman
Back to top Go down

Suggestions wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions wanted   Suggestions wanted Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 2:01 am

Hmm, also, what a bout updating the agents section in the EA site. A few of those guys I don't think are active anymore or have changed their names. I think Point Guardian is now Hardwire and Ferox is now Inginis or something like that.
Back to top Go down
Superman
Admin
Superman

Suggestions wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions wanted   Suggestions wanted Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 7:52 am

Be glad to as soon as I get the needed info from them or some other reliable source. Anyone out there want to give a guy a hand with some info? Some of these folks changer their name more often than I change my socks. LOL. The Earth Agents site like the hero links web ring project is a group effort. I just seem to get stuck with most of the grunt work maintaining it. Wonder if Alfred the butler ever feels that way?

Superman
Back to top Go down

Suggestions wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions wanted   Suggestions wanted Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 1:26 am

I wonder if the link to heroes listing should then go to the Hero Links Myspace Page. Or I'll try to get a good list going one. I got on on the wikispace, but no definitions for people.
Also, you are right about not many people having websites and doing the myspace thing. But here are few links for the webring on your page

supersquad.org - Capitol City Supersquad Page
citizenheroes.com - Citizen Prime's Stuff
Of course the Sentinals site
captainjackson.org - don't know if he's still around.

http://christiancrusader.angelcities.com/ - That site is gone
http://www.heroicdestinysquad.com/forum/ -This site is also gone
Back to top Go down
Superman
Admin
Superman

Suggestions wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions wanted   Suggestions wanted Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 10:06 am

Hi Zetaman,

As far as anything going on the hero links web ring profile go for it . You are just as in charge of that profile as me and any other of the folks working on it are . That’s kind of the point of it. With no one in charge personalities aren’t as likely to enter into and color things. It will be a true reflection of the community as a whole. I’m not the boss and don’t want anyone to think of me as in charge of the hero links web ring profile in my space. I’m just one of a group hoping to help. That being said I do have a couple of ideas for what you have in mind. I wouldn’t worry too much about details on individual hero profiles as they change and who knows may not be all that true in the 1st place. If the little buggers (LOL) want us to have the correct information they can send it to us . We shouldn’t have to beg as we are doing them a service by promoting them on a site. It’s why all the individual profiles on the EA site are based on information sent to me or completely written by the folks featured there. I think the phrase we would be looking for is CAVIET EMPTOR a.k.a. BUYER BEWARE in personal profiles. Lots of good folks out there but lots of BS artists as well. If you already have a good listing going on wiki space I have a suggestion. We can link to it from the hero links profile the same way as we linked to the other stuff from there. I’d suggest using the code that pops up the page over the top of the profile so you wouldn’t have to put a return link on the wiki page. As you have the same pull on the hero links site as I do you can add the link or send me the link to the wiki if you are the shy type HTML wise and Ill add it in. If you have a complete listing there no sense making a duplicate if we can link to the one already in existence. Less work andwhen the wiki is updated so is hero links automaticly. LOL No need to do it twice when once is enough. The link will get the extra traffic directed to the wiki. As far as non my space related things go it is your wiki not mine to do with as you please. I personally don’t see a problem with non my space references. The world (heroic and otherwise) is far bigger than my space and that wiki space page would be as good a way as any to alert the my space denizens to it. I will try and apply the changes you list to the web ring listing on earth agents ASAP.I think I have a valid listing for Captain Jackson. . I just hope that others will weigh in both here and on the my space hero links web ring.

Superman
Back to top Go down
Superman
Admin
Superman

Suggestions wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions wanted   Suggestions wanted Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 4:04 pm

For those keeping track of this the web ring on the site has been updated.

Superman
Back to top Go down
StaticAndroid

StaticAndroid

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Suggestions wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions wanted   Suggestions wanted Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 12:00 am

1. Security here is extremely lacking.
  2. Main page needs to be wc3 compatible (For example: You have no document type declaration. On line 1, column 55 your frameset is undeclared. A few attribute errors and one frame error.)
  3. You need to clean up the site. Images as backgrounds are frowned upon.
  4. I can and would like to help you. Look at AaronCedwards.com for an example of one my past works. NOTE: My real name appears nowhere on that site.
Back to top Go down

Suggestions wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions wanted   Suggestions wanted Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 1:11 am

About issue number 2... I think there is a problem because this is a free forum, so it might be a problem with the company that hosts it. I have to check my site to see what I can do.
Back to top Go down
StaticAndroid

StaticAndroid

Suggestions wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions wanted   Suggestions wanted Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 10:41 am

Number 2 was not in reference to forums, but the main page. Wc3 compatability refers to messy and incorrect code lines that effects load times, browser compatability and other functions.
Back to top Go down
Superman
Admin
Superman

Suggestions wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions wanted   Suggestions wanted Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 11:44 am

Hello again Static,

By and large I am responsible for the look of the site so if there are faults most likely I made the mistakes. To me the 1st page you see on the earth agents site when you click on the link
http://earthagents.official.ws/ is what I call the title page. It shows a spinning globe etc. This page has been tested on explorer; opera and fire fox browsers and seems to work on all of them. The site is also compatible with most P.D.A.’S and set top boxes up to and including the infamous brain damaged WEB TV. Then you go to what I call a contents page which contains links to all the other parts. Those parts either contain a return link to the contents page or pop up over the top of it making it easy to get back to it. As part of the site I maintain a home server for anything like the hero machine which is too big and resource demanding to host on the available free space the rest of the site sits on. If you can think of a section that the site needs build it and send me the link and Ill add it in to the contents page. This site reflects a group effort. The more members that the group has the less that any one member of said group will be stuck doing. The way the site is set up allows for infinite expansion for free using what I call my guerilla style of HTML. I am self-taught and there may be mistakes but it all loads on multiple platforms and it works. It has also been designed to be as idiot proof and as user friendly as I know how to make it. But all this being said I welcome any coding you can provide for improvements. Feel free to write it up and send it to me as an attachment to my e-mail address listed on this site. As you say you are skilled in computers I suggest you also weigh in on the board section about Internet security. Now if that isn’t enough to keep you busy and if you have a my space account I suggest you look for the my space profile http://www.myspace.com/hero_links . Once you sign on there give it a look see and tell me what you think. Again the coding likely isn’t state of the art elegant but it’s another group project that is none the less getting the job done. I will be looking forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely
Superman
Back to top Go down
StaticAndroid

StaticAndroid

Suggestions wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions wanted   Suggestions wanted Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 12:00 pm

I want you to understand I am in no way insulting your ability to create a website. There are different levels of skills of course. I am certified in multiple forms including php,css,html and java. My major is of course computer sciences (With concentration on Game Design). I have done paid work for websites and would like to share some hints and ideas with you. For starters.

Crisp images, Crisp images strain the eyes less, cause attention to be focused away from the image and on the text. Your images are extremely pixalated.

Solid backgrounds. Backgrounds are preferred solid because of the same reason above. It is easier to concentrate on the body and focus on text and images.

Some format. What I see you do is using the classic form of Html. What you want to do is look at this forum. Notice where the links are located, at the top for the important ones along a bar. Extra links should be located in other pages preferably in a frame along the side.

Take a look at AaronCEdwards and notice how everything is organized.
Also take a look at any major website and I think you will see what I mean. I freelance for a hosting company and have my own webserver if you need more space.

I suggest using a PHP script such as PHPNUKE because of it is more focused towards social networking, while hard to initially set up (Thats why you have me.) it is easier to maintain and modify because all settings and control come in a easy to use administrator package. There are many others at the moment I am playing with Elgg, which is primarily used so far for education sites with a focus on social networks but can be used for any site you want.

Also, If you need graphics work, perhapse a STATIC (Non moving) logo in high quality I could probably pull something up for you.

Last edited by StaticAndroid on Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
StaticAndroid

StaticAndroid

Suggestions wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions wanted   Suggestions wanted Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 2:26 pm

May I suggest this change to the mission statement. It is composed more effectively I believe.

"It troubles us to report that the Earth is experiencing desperate times. Overcrowding, wars, the waste of natural resources and a loss of hope has brought a great depression upon Mankind.The world needs a shinning example, a beacon of hope that will lead them to a better future. The Human race needs heroes to guide them in these troubling times. We are the Earth Agents and we are here to lend our collective hands. The time has come for real Heroes to step from the shadows of conspicuity. For better, or for worse we have dedicated ourselves to the cause. This site has been created to so mankind can contact us in times of need. So the average person can find the help that they need. We also maintain this site so other established and would be heroes can find a place to learn and begin to act towards the betterment of Mankind. Remember in unity there is strength, there is power and there is a brighter future! We will fight for Man, and eventually with dedication and perseverance we will win!"

also, various text around the site has incorrectly spelled words, odd punctuations and random words capitalized. Would you like me to correct these. In the evenings after 5pm AZ time (it is 11:30 am now, I am at home and online. Feel free to contact me over AIM, MSN or Yahoo, all listed in my profile.
Back to top Go down
Superman
Admin
Superman

Suggestions wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions wanted   Suggestions wanted Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 7:18 pm

Hello Static,

I would like to suggest that rather than just criticize you download the coding you find so heinous (it isn’t protected so a simple show source command should do) and using a stand-alone editor reconfigure and spell check the HTML to your hearts content. Then send it as a series of attachments to
superman19492002@operamail.com. If you would like to help out and or be made a moderator on this board all you have to do is ask. The "Classic" as you call it content page is that way for a reason. No other way is as usable and functional on the variety of equipment it has been tested on. The basic design of the site also reflects us being able to add in and debug whole sections to the site utilizing free space on line without having any dead links show. Once a new section is set up on line all we have to do is add the link to it to the contents page. Only takes a few seconds even using my 2nd hand win98se slow computer. It is also the simplest way for non-computer types (who are a part of this sites projected user base) to get around the site. Point and click is about as simple and idiot proof as I can make it.

Superman

PS. BTW. You know you are beginning to remind me of a person by the name of Blitz who used to make posts just like you make. Are you him under another name by any chance?
Back to top Go down
StaticAndroid

StaticAndroid

Suggestions wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions wanted   Suggestions wanted Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 8:37 pm

Negative on the Blitz part.

I am not criticizing, you are free to take my suggestions to heart, or leave them. I did not say "You have to do this." I said "It would work better if" "it is for this reason you should" etc. Once I have time I will go through the source and play with it some.
Back to top Go down
Superman
Admin
Superman

Suggestions wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions wanted   Suggestions wanted Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 7:36 pm

Like I said this is a group project with folks of many skill levels participating. One of the things I found out by accident was that twinkling back grounds and lettering I have used act much like a captcha does making it difficult for then to be read by automated computerized snoop programs. Not sure how effective it is against the more advanced programs out there but any advantage however small is better than no advantage. It’s one of the reasons I’m not so gung ho about changing things and correcting all spelling errors. I do appreciate your kind offer of server space and may well take you up on it at some future time. But at the moment I have my own home server as well (lovingly made with my own 2 little hands). That plus the unlimited amounts of free space I can score on line are adequate to the cause at present. If you’d like to help on 1 of my side projects (creating free web sites for deserving charitable groups that need 1) and teaching their often-unskilled help how to operate the sites we could probably use some of your server space there. Might even score you a tax write-off. As far as the HTML I have used goes you can get it by using the view source option on all unshielded sections. Should cover most of the site except for the board and what I have deliberately scrambled for security reasons. There are some things contained there that were given to me by folks who trust to my discretion in keeping their secrets secret. I will not violate that trust. After all what do we have on line if not our reputations for personal integrity?

Superman
Back to top Go down

Suggestions wanted Empty
PostSubject: if you guys need any art or symbols...   Suggestions wanted Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 11:43 pm

yeah so if we need any art or symbols, im an artist and graphic designer (i know this is a bit if personal info, but there's thousands of us out there, good luck).

ive included a sample of some photoshop work.

(this includes costume designs).

Suggestions wanted TradeNET

Suggestions wanted Blackwoodtable

Suggestions wanted KBRtable
Back to top Go down

Suggestions wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions wanted   Suggestions wanted Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 11:16 pm

I actually think the site needs to downgrade a bit. I have been working on a model that works on cell phone browers too. The load time is reduced to 5 to 10 seconds after you enter in from the beginning pages.
http://thealternates.5u.com/earthagents/index.html
I have tried it from my phone and it goes pretty smooth. althought the world globes on the content page end up giant size. I didn't do all the site, but I would update the agent listing with some of the members on this message board.
I don't know. Worth a thought. If the site is intented to be access on a greater scope. If not, its cool. Just playing around.
Back to top Go down
Superman
Admin
Superman

Suggestions wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions wanted   Suggestions wanted Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 2:49 am

Hi Zeta and Z,

I pretty much agree with your sentiments. When I set up the site I had the goals of making it as user friendly and as accessible as possible. I tested it on several computers and monitors (some of the monitors were monochrome) a web TV and an I phone which were all I had access to. If you can cobble up aversion that works with the rest maybe we can have a page where those wishing to access the site can choose from a menu the format best suited to their machine. I was kind of fond of the star background as the blinking acted much like1 of those captcha things making it hard for a computer to scan and record it automatically. Not a perfect solution by any means but still better than nothing. Now Z I appreciate your fine offer of Graphics. Being an Artist myself I know better than many how good art and splashy presentations and flash animations can spiff up a site. The thing is though that it often requires files on a computer that many lower end machines do not have on them. When I made this site I was using the idea of the lowest common denominator and the lack of computer skill that those who need us the most might have. That’s why everything is point and click. Following the K.I.S.S. method. In my opinion those most likely to ask for help from such an untried group as RLSH’s would be those truly desperate folks from the lower end of the economic ladder that have no where else to go. At least it will be that way until we are better known. Too many trying to make a hero site are building with a n eye to impressing their computer buddies with how clever and talented they are. This site was never supposed to be clever. It’s just supposed to get the job done. It facilitates contact between heroes and those who need them. It also gives everything I have been able to locate online to budding heroes to help them properly prepare. If anyone comes up with anything that can add to that I will be adding it on A.S.A.P. giving all due credit to the contributor as soon as I get my hot little hands on it. Z if your graphic skills include flash animations and u tube type videos maybe working together we could cobble up some training aids for the group. Let me know what you guys think.

Superman
Back to top Go down

Suggestions wanted Empty
PostSubject: hmm   Suggestions wanted Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 2:00 pm

I'd say that i do have friends that can do that.... which i definitely do... but i havent revealed myself to them yet. So ugh. Maybe i could get them to teach me.

and about the lowest common denominator... you are correct, but i see our special services being used by more people if the site looked more polished. thats all Im saying.
Back to top Go down
ThePatriot

Number of posts : 393
Registration date : 2009-08-22

Suggestions wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions wanted   Suggestions wanted Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 11:23 am

Greetings,

To address the previous comments, I have seen even more complicated websites work on cellphones. Also as more powerful cellphones become common it will be easier for the site to been seen. You could always create a site for cellphones.

I have noticed alot of people are using myspace pages for their profiles. One thing with this is the security issue. That's why I haven't made my own hero page. It would be cool if the site masks people's website address. Also I think it would be cool to list support people.

Another issue is let's say that there is five hundred rlsh'ers. Well do you really want to edit the site five hundred times? Also links go down. I personally hate it when I get a broken link. It's like couldn't they take it down if it's not working?
Back to top Go down
Superman
Admin
Superman

Suggestions wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions wanted   Suggestions wanted Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 8:26 am

Well Broken Spirit when you mentioned broken links you hit upon one of my pet peeves. I despise clicking on something and having it lead to a broken link or a page that says under construction or coming soon. Id love to see 500 plus heroes signed up on the site. If they have their own Internet presence we can just link to that in our hero listing and let them do their own updates. But some hero types don’t go on line all that much. For them we are their Internet presence. Since his last post Zetaman and I got together and he downloaded and revamped all the coding for the Earth Agent’s site. It does load much faster now on most machines still looking pretty much the same as it did before. The way the site is structured you can retool any section you want off line and reload it seamlessly. You can also add entirely new sections and have them in place before you update the pre-prepared code for the site’s site index. Loading the completed update of the site index takes all of 2 seconds and the old one is still there till the change is made. So you won’t be finding any dead links on this site. If need be I will stay up as late as is needed to make sure of it.

Superman
Back to top Go down
ThePatriot

Number of posts : 393
Registration date : 2009-08-22

Suggestions wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions wanted   Suggestions wanted Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 11:10 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Suggestions wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions wanted   Suggestions wanted Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Suggestions wanted
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next