Earth Agents Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Earth Agents Forum

Where we discuss things revalent to the group

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Newer Safer Board

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Superman
Admin
Superman

Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2006-12-28

Newer Safer Board Empty
PostSubject: Newer Safer Board   Newer Safer Board Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 4:54 pm

There are more boards, sites, etc out there than you can shake a stick at. This would include my contributions as well as others work. Any time you put anything, including a board on on line space not under your direct physical control you are taking a calcuated risk as to what’s allowed there, how secure it will be and to how long that particular location or service will be in business. This is why I have been working so hard at developing a viable alternative. With the new board I have on my personal server I have overcome the last obsticle. Now there will be some that say I am just trying to get into your business and learn all your personal information by signing you up on my new board. I say that’s a lot of BS. The only thing you can learn from a person posting on your board is an IP number indicating in general terms where they are making the post from. This is true of any board including all the freebie ones on line. It’s built into the software. Ask any admin on any board weather or not that’s correct. If they tell you any diffrently you have an admin that bears watching. The easiest solution to this is to use a IP masker of some kind. If you want the location of 1 I’d recomend just write me at
superman19492002@operamail.com or call me at 607- 846-7131 and I’ll happily recomend one that works well for me. Now the location for the new board is http://unrealitylab.thruhere.net/PhpBB/index.php . You’ll notice that it isn’t a part of my FTP server set up, but uses a free dynamic address that goes straight to where it sits on my server computer bypassing my FTP set up. This adds yet another layer of security for me so folks can’t go browsing willy nilly through my FTP server. Not that there is anything there that wouldn’t bear the light of day. If I had anything like that it wouldn’t be put on any server under my controll. Hat thenewdynamic address set up accomplishes is increasing data security, making sure sites are accrssed as intended and keeping small kids out of things intended for grownups.
I am alsogoing to open this up to folks outside of the RLSH comunity asthere is much to do and I will take any help I can get anywhere I can find it.

I’ll be looking forward to seeing everyone signing up there
Superman
Back to top Go down
http://earthagents.official.ws/

Newer Safer Board
Page 1 of 1