Earth Agents Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Earth Agents Forum

Where we discuss things revalent to the group

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Idiots within the RLSH community

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Superman
Admin
Superman

Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2006-12-28

Idiots within the RLSH community Empty
PostSubject: Idiots within the RLSH community   Idiots within the RLSH community Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 2:35 pm

1st off the title pretty much says it all. The more I deal with some folks within the RLSH community the more pissed off I get and the more hope I lose for our eventual success.

I post on other boards as most of us here do. Some of those boards are ok while others are so self-serving and clannish they just get my dander up!

Note to any board Admin that happens to read this. If you want your board to be successful and your site to flourish as a centerpiece of the RLSH community you don’t go about it by arbitrarily excluding folks or teams. Or by selectively making folks jump through hoops or kiss your Admin assess.

Didn’t any those Admin jackasses ever hear of a delete key? There's one on every computer out there including the dinosaur I have and they work just fine for cleaning up BS on boards and other places on line.

Any Admin worth their salt does not indulge personal prejudices or try to cyber-bully folks on line. They adhere to set standards.

I may add to this down the line and pledge to any member of this board that such BS by any admin here will not be tolerated. But then such crap never happens here in the 1st place. If I’m wrong about that I’m sure someone will correct me.

Superman
Back to top Go down
http://earthagents.official.ws/
ThePatriot

Number of posts : 393
Registration date : 2009-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Idiots within the RLSH community   Idiots within the RLSH community Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 11:44 am

rofl, I know what you mean. Maybe it doesn't happen, because you nip it in the bud before it starts.
Back to top Go down
Superman
Admin
Superman

PostSubject: Re: Idiots within the RLSH community   Idiots within the RLSH community Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 6:27 pm

Well I keep a daily eye on it. In addition to me you will see 2 names here pretty much every day. Goldeneye and Robert The Robot. Now Goldeneye is a friend from The Earth Agents LA group with mad computer skills who helps out and Robert The Robot is the shared identity of the "Uncles" who control him as a part of the Sentinels team that I head up.

I may as well drift off topic a bit to explain. There are a good many folks who for various reasons don’t or can’t strike out on their own as RLSH types. But they still want to help when and where they can. So when I was forming the Sentinels team I took this into account. I wanted to utilize this untapped resource.

Ever since I was a rug rat 1 of my major interests has been robotics. I had always wanted a Robot as big as I was. So when I finally had sufficient skills I started making one. At 1st it was little more than an animated display figure that talked. Since then I have tried to make subsequent rebuilds resemble the original one outwardly.

I used it that 1st year to pass out Halloween candy to little kids that came by the house. To show you how long it has been in development I made the 1st build when the original Star Wars film had just come out on Betamax. Needless to say it was a humongous hit with the kids.

That started me on the path to see just how much I could end up having it do. Turns out that was quite a bit as I was only limited by what materials I could afford to buy, my knowledge of robotics and a place to build and rebuild it again and again.

Not being a complete dummy I researched every source I could get my hands on asking for help from anyone I encountered who had robotic or computer knowledge. Those who helped out to any extent became Robert’s Uncles. Not to be sexist as I will be happy to add in any Aunts if and when I encounter some.

At first Robert was kind of a puppet, being controlled by wires until I switched over to radio remote control. Now as you probably know, anything that can be controlled by radio remote can also be controlled by a computer from on line. There are enough examples available that no one has to take my word on it.

So when I came up with the idea of adding Robert to the Sentinels team the outline of the plan sort of sprang up fully formed.

While I try to automate as much of him and his persona as possible with A.I. I just couldn’t get behind the idea of turning him loose without human oversight built into the system. As he stands right now he is a single shared persona (controlled and overseen by his Uncles) that can switch between any number of purpose designed bodies.

Those same Uncles that share the responsibility of controlling Robert also share his Admin ID on this board. They also adhere to the precepts of his persona so Robert is Robert no matter who is in control. So the Uncles as Robert check the board out pretty much 24 7.
In many ways he may be the most potentially powerful hero of all. As we make his bodies from scratch no matter what goes wrong we can fix it. So he can be completely fearless as nothing can harm his Uncles and anything else can be rebuilt or replaced.

Said Uncles can be located anywhere on line and often team up to operate his purpose built bodies in the single location he is in now. But there is the potential for extra purpose built bodies to be made and shipped all over the globe.

Then instead of a local hero we would finally have the globe spanning Super Hero you can only see now in Comics, TV and the Movies.

Superman
Back to top Go down
ThePatriot

PostSubject: Re: Idiots within the RLSH community   Idiots within the RLSH community Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 11:24 am

Greetings,

I've seen the news where a predator drone was hacked. The chat bot program does seem to be getting better at chatting. Though I still think it has alot to go.

sincerely,

the accountant
Back to top Go down
Superman
Admin
Superman

PostSubject: Re: Idiots within the RLSH community   Idiots within the RLSH community Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 12:22 pm

Glad to hear the chat bot program is improving as it was designed to do so if used often enough. The idea of Robert’s systems being hacked (especially in the more hard-core purpose built bodies) has been taken into account from the get go. That’s why the human oversight provided by his uncles is so important. As he can have any number of incapacitating weapons built into him I never wanted to turn him loose on full-auto no matter how sophisticated His AI programming may become. There will be no out of control Frankenstein’s Monster on the Sentinel’s Team.

Superman.
Back to top Go down
ThePatriot

PostSubject: Re: Idiots within the RLSH community   Idiots within the RLSH community Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 4:51 am

Have you thought about incorporating the chatbot program with a voice to text converter? Maybe this could be incorporated into robert the robot. Or how about a digital secretary?
Back to top Go down
Superman
Admin
Superman

PostSubject: Re: Idiots within the RLSH community   Idiots within the RLSH community Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 5:00 am

The voice does come from a computer.Infact that’swhat started me down the road of trying to computerise him. As far as the othe rthings you mentioned I dont have that skill set yet. If you do maybe you can become one of Robert’s Uncles.

Superman
Back to top Go down
ThePatriot

PostSubject: Re: Idiots within the RLSH community   Idiots within the RLSH community Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 5:06 am

That would be interesting but I was thinking of converting the voice of people to text. http://www.kalzumeus.com/2010/01/15/deploying-sinatra-on-ubuntu-in-which-i-employ-a-secretary/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Idiots within the RLSH community   Idiots within the RLSH community Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Idiots within the RLSH community
Page 1 of 1