Earth Agents Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Earth Agents Forum

Where we discuss things revalent to the group

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

made some donations friday

Go down 
AuthorMessage
thanatos

thanatos

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2008-01-24

made some donations friday Empty
PostSubject: made some donations friday   made some donations friday Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 5:39 am

My Internet has been off and on over the last couple of days, mostly off, so I haven't had a chance to post anything about my little donation run on Friday morning till now. I put together a nice donation of medical supplies to Big Heart Animal Rescue. They know a bit about Thanatos and I thought I would quickly drop the box off in costume, just in case I was seen, and to get some pictures.

I think taking pictures and posting them on the Internet is important for all of us to try and do as it adds to our credibility with the public. It gives them a chance to “see us in action”. It proves we are real to the outside world.

I was also given some new toys to drop off where ever I thought best. Being this close to Christmas I decided that a local toy collection being run by one of the schools would be a good choice. I would be able to drop them off at the local mall as Thanatos.

Lady Catacomb went in first to be ready with the camera, and I followed a couple of minutes later. I approached the drop off box and as I was placing the toys inside of it, a lady who had been standing there approached me. She thanked me and introduced herself as being from the Strathcona School who were hosting the toy drive. Talk about good timing.

I introduced myself as Thanatos and explained briefly that I was a real life superhero in the city of Vancouver and I was happy to help. I wished her a merry Christmas and made a quick exit.

I drove over quickly to where I drop the stuff for Big Heart and left it by their back door. Lady Catacomb got some pictures that I sent to them. I like the thought of a bit of mystery for them. “Who was that masked man?”

Not a bad day. Now I still have my handout to the homeless that I had to put over to the 24th. Christmas eve. Seems kinda fitting to do it then. I've been collecting blankets and plastic sheets and other things. I plan on picking up socks and gloves and juice and water along with the peanut butter and bread. Because it's Christmas I'm also getting small jars of jam as well. I get all of this stuff I buy myself at the dollar store. One dollar for a small jar of peanut butter and the same for jam is a good deal.

For many of us this has been a very busy season. What with toy drives and other things. Helping those who need it the most. Fighting crime. You have to step back and look at what is being done, not just now but all year long, to see that as a community, we are making a difference out there.

All I can say is our work isn't finished yet. There is more to do. A new year ahead full of opportunities for us to do something and make a difference in the world around us.

I do what I can, where I can.

Thanatos the dark avenger
Back to top Go down
http://thanatos2008.spaces.live.com

made some donations friday Empty
PostSubject: Re: made some donations friday   made some donations friday Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 2:09 am

Wow, awesome job man!
Back to top Go down

made some donations friday
Page 1 of 1