Earth Agents Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Earth Agents Forum

Where we discuss things revalent to the group

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

laser viewer I made

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
thanatos

thanatos

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2008-01-24

laser viewer I made Empty
PostSubject: laser viewer I made   laser viewer I made Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 11:04 pm

During our recent move we discovered a bunch of stuff we had forgoten about. Among the items were a broken pair of binoculars. The one side was broken and the prisms missng. I took a look at them and noticed how the tubes had been arranged and was struck with an idea.
Lady Catacomb spots for me and I thought she could use the one side that is still functional for observing, and I could put small lasers in the other. The lasers are for intimidation if I get a face to face and need to convince someone that I have help watching them. For some reason most people associate the red dot on the chest as a gun site Very Happy
I mounted three in the side so their effect is similar to the prediator laser site if all three are turned on.
laser viewer I made 17-10-08_2356
I carved styrofoam for filler and lined the holes with plastic tubing
laser viewer I made 17-10-08_2358
the lasers fit very snugly and to turn them on all she has to do is push them in.
laser viewer I made 18-10-08_2358
the end is capped with black pvc tape applied withglue to the sytrofoam
laser viewer I made 19-10-08_1754
finished product with lanyard attached.
It looks cool and the ability to put the lasers on a 'target' are a bonus. The scope is not that powerfull but good enough for her to keep me in sight.
Back to top Go down
http://thanatos2008.spaces.live.com

PostSubject: Re: laser viewer I made   laser viewer I made Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 4:16 pm

Excellent! Excellent! Now if you have the time/patience/motivation, perhaps you could add some sort of miniaturized pen-sort of a camera in the middle of the laser triangle and program it to use the 3 lasers as image focusing like how some new digital cameras have a green/red light that comes on when prepping to take a photo...

You could tweak this to become a rather useful piece of scouting equipment, as well as intimidating so there is actually more credibility behind the intimidation. :-) And it'd be a really nice way to take covert images from a distance while watching an event take place. Ahhh my techno-nerves are trembling, I must write blueprints!

Let me know how any future developments are going. I'd love to lend a hand if you need anything. Hero Technology is why I'm here!

Regards,
Marcus Lurellius Lucut
Back to top Go down
Samados

Samados

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-10-09

PostSubject: Re: laser viewer I made   laser viewer I made Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 5:23 pm

That is very impressive! The things you can do with stuff that is broken...
Back to top Go down
ZZZ

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-10-31

PostSubject: Re: laser viewer I made   laser viewer I made Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 1:23 pm

um. you guys know you can buy binoculars with a digital camera built in? 60 bucks, radioshack.

but the "phantom sniper" idea is nice. thats one for the Good Books.
Back to top Go down
thanatos

thanatos

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: i know   laser viewer I made Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 1:25 pm

I know about the video binoculars and am planning on getting them

this was just to make a viewer so my spotter could keep an eye on me and assist from a distance. also makes use of a broken peice of equipment, you know...

reduce, reuse, recycle
Back to top Go down
http://thanatos2008.spaces.live.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: laser viewer I made   laser viewer I made Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

laser viewer I made
Page 1 of 1