Earth Agents Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Earth Agents Forum

Where we discuss things revalent to the group

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

just spoke with easter seals

Go down 
AuthorMessage
thanatos

thanatos

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2008-01-24

just spoke with easter seals Empty
PostSubject: just spoke with easter seals   just spoke with easter seals Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 4:48 pm

I just got off the phone with Lindsay Chenn of Easter Seals about the upcoming drop zone event whrre I will (hopefully) be rappeling down a 20 storey building here in Vancouver.

She had a lot of questions about just who and what I am. I explaned to her what I was about and why I was masked and the reasons behind my doing this superhero thing and my reasons for doing their event.

She was facinated by the fact that there are so many of us out here doing this kind of thing. I gave her links to some of the sites on the web that highlight us.

They feel that having a real life superhero actually participating was "wonderful" for both Easter Seals and for me and for RLSH's in general. This could turn out to be some pretty good PR for the 'movement.'
*just a note here- I don't look at what we are doing as a organized movement with leaders and spokes people or anything like that. I tend to feel we are more of a grass roots type of movement made up of individuals with a common goal and ideals, that just happened. Just like the founding fathers of the United States.
anyways.....
They are really hopeful that I will be able to meet the pleadge total and take part in this event. The event's tagline is "You can be a superhero for a day" and having somebody doing this all the time just adds to their event. (That's what she said just spoke with easter seals Clap )
Please excuse me for posting this seperatly but I felt it was news for everyone worthy of it's own spot on the board just spoke with easter seals Hapface01
Remember...I only need 75 people out there (looking at some of you guys and gals) to give just $20 a piece to be able to do this and help out children with disabilites thru Easter Seals and their year long work and projects, and maybe focus a bit of attention on what we, as "superheroes" are trying to do.

Thank you all for your time and I now return control of your computer back to you.
Have a nice day just spoke with easter seals Bye
Back to top Go down
http://thanatos2008.spaces.live.com
thanatos

thanatos

PostSubject: easter seals   just spoke with easter seals Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 1:49 am

Went down to 999 west Hastings street today. That's the 20 story AXA building that I will be rapelling down on the 18th.
I will be doing it for Easter Seals provided I make the goal of $1500 in pleadge/donations.
I took some pictures so everyone could get a look at the location.
I'm glad it was a nice day today.
just spoke with easter seals Building2
northwest corner, pretty high up there
just spoke with easter seals Building4
the front of the building, looking up 20 floors
just spoke with easter seals Building5
the front door to the building. nice place
drop on over to www.thedropzone.ca and check it out.

and by the way....
I can do this. As used to be said on TV- piece of cake. piece of crumb cake.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: just spoke with easter seals   just spoke with easter seals Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 9:02 pm

Wow, that is very brave. Good Luck man. If I hadn't had my funds directed elsewhere at another charity this month, I'd totally donate.
Back to top Go down
thanatos

thanatos

PostSubject: dont worry   just spoke with easter seals Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 4:45 am

Hey, don't worry about it Zetaman. We all know the good work you do out there all the time.
To tell you the truth I never thought I would be doing anything like this, but well....
you know how it is.

I know there are a lot of superheros out there who can help and will (looks around room hopefully)

good luck in what your doing as well.cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: just spoke with easter seals   just spoke with easter seals Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

just spoke with easter seals
Page 1 of 1