Earth Agents Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Earth Agents Forum

Where we discuss things revalent to the group

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

rappeling for easter seals

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
thanatos

thanatos

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2008-01-24

rappeling for easter seals Empty
PostSubject: rappeling for easter seals   rappeling for easter seals Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 11:41 pm

Due to the fact that I have been very busy at work for a while, and adding to that my work to invetigate and start things along as Thanatos I have missed some things going on in my city. This is cool and I am hoping to be able to do this.

http://www.thedropzone.ca/english.html

It invloves rappeling down a building to raise money for Easter Seals.
The callelnge is called "Be a superhero for a day" and involves getting pleadges together to total $1500 towards Easter Seals.
I can rappel. I've done it before and it dosent bother me a bit.
I could use the PR (sorry, have to be honest) and the good press might come to help me later when I am fully active.
It's a cause I can support and I know many of you already do.

While not a activist type of person, I'm more prone to the shadows, it would be a good thing to do for a variety of reasons.
Also...
Vancouver, and the lower mainland is almost bombarded with superhero stuff.
superhero bible school
superhero lottery to help sick kids hospital
police message for people to let out their 'inner batman'
smart bread to the rescue, etc, etc, etc

I am emailing them and also going to call them and speak with them and see if it is indeed possible for a RLSH to becaome involved.

If it is possible then I will start to convass around for pleadges (be warned rappeling for easter seals Biggrin )

Any suggestions or ideas from those of you out there who do this sort of thing all the time?
Back to top Go down
http://thanatos2008.spaces.live.com
thanatos

thanatos

PostSubject: easter seals   rappeling for easter seals Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 1:19 am

I emailed them and they got back to me inside of an hour.

I am now registered and that being said......

I am participating in the Easter Seals Drop Zone event (www.thedropzone.ca) on Tuesday, September 16 at 999 West Hastings Street in Vancouver. I will be rappelling down a 20-storey building and becoming a superhero for BC's children with disabilities.
I am asking for your support for a cause that is very important to me. Please help me attain the minimum fundraising goal of $1500.
Thank you. I appreciate your support.
Back to top Go down
Crossfire the Crusader

Crossfire the Crusader

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2007-03-26

PostSubject: Re: rappeling for easter seals   rappeling for easter seals Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 10:18 am

I wonder if Easter Seals does this in the US as well...I'll have to check it out.
Back to top Go down
thanatos

thanatos

PostSubject: I am accepted   rappeling for easter seals Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 7:21 pm

I have just receaved an email informing me that I have been accepted to take part in the Drop Zone event for Easter Seals kids with disabilities.
I am proud to be able to do this. I am proud to also represent this comunity in a positive way. Mostly I am just happy that by raising money I can help these kids. They are special to me, and indeed, they are s special treasure to all of us.

To donate or pleadge you can go directly to my page at the drop zone-

https://payment.csfm.com/events/bclions/dropzone_van/visitor/?action=profile&participant_id=698993361219554906

click the "support me" button and follow the instructions. Don't worry, they are very simple.

You can also go to http://www.thedropzone.ca/english.html
and follow the link 'sponsor a superhero' click on Vancouver and I am halfway down the list.
I am listed as 'Necrium,Thanatos'

While I am excited, and it will be great fun, and a personal best. I've never rappeled that far on a building or from a chopper. And it will also be very good PR.
That's not why I'm doing it.

Cildren with disabilities have always held a special place in my heart. I won't go into the specifics, let's just say I know from my experiences in the past.
These are great kids. Wonderful kids who deserve a chance to live and enjoy and just exsist like any other normal child. The fact that they have special needs and requirements to sometimes do even the simplest things we take for granted means we have to do more.
The United Nations has set forth, the basic human rights of a child. That's right. A child. It dosent say only the rich. It dosent say only those who have two legs and can run. It dosent say only those who need no care.
It says a child. Even a child who needs help, who needs care. Who needs special devices just to live and move around.
These are the ones who need our help.
These are the ones we can reach out and help. Right now.

I am asking for you to back me in this. What ever your reasons. I would go farther than 20 storeys for these kids.

Thank you on behalf of some very special kids.

Thanatos
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: rappeling for easter seals   rappeling for easter seals Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

rappeling for easter seals
Page 1 of 1