Earth Agents Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Earth Agents Forum

Where we discuss things revalent to the group

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Greetings

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Agent Null

Agent Null

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Greetings Empty
PostSubject: Greetings   Greetings Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 8:38 pm

Some of you may have already met me over on The Alternates forum. But for those who have not, I believe a proper introduction is in order.

I am known as Agent Null. I like to think myself a villain. Of course, as good and evil are relative terms as opposed to absolute, I understand such terms to be somewhat simplistic. I will let you all in this community define me. In the end, I am only what you perceive me as being.

At any rate, it is a pleasure to be among you. I look forward to talking to you all at length very soon. In the meantime, if you have any questions or other topics you wish to speak to me about, then I implore you: By all means, ask.

-AN
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/agentnull_rlsv

Greetings Empty
PostSubject: hiya   Greetings Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 11:23 pm

tell me about your moral compass, agent null. what have you done that marks you as an undesirable, or are you simply an aggressive personality here to antagonize us? lets you and me talk.
Back to top Go down

Greetings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings   Greetings Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 12:52 am

Hey Agent, welcome.
Back to top Go down
Agent Null

Agent Null

Greetings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings   Greetings Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 12:59 am

I do not have a moral compass. Nobody does.

That which you call morals are actually traits hardwired into our DNA held over from the days when our kind were squatting in caves and praying to gods to make fire; try not to kill each other unless necessary, don't defecate where you eat, don't betray those closest to you, do not throw rocks at large groups unless you are among a large group yourself et al.

I believe that these instincts still hold true to this day. I choose not be antagonistic unless otherwise antagonised. I will not kill needlessly. I will not betray my friends and comrades. And I definitely do not eat ramen from the toilet.

However, everything else that we believe regarding what is "moral" and "good" are nothing more than societal enforced norms put in place to give each of us a false sense of equality.

These norms are easily and often broken by even the greatest and most noble of people. Think about it like this: How many times have you (not you specifically) kept the extra money in your pocket that could go to help another so that you can satisfy your own creature comfort? How many times have you preached peace and temperance and then turn around and yell at somebody for some slight, whether real or imagined? 

Morality as we know it is nothing more than a shackle placed around our neck. Morality is the thing that makes us slaves to our society, when society should bend to our will.

I trust this answers your questions.

-AN

EDIT: Thank you for the welcome, Zetaman! I am much obliged Smile
Back to top Go down

Greetings Empty
PostSubject: sure.   Greetings Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 4:21 am

it answers a lot of questions, maybe not that one in particular. mostly the unasked question, "how do power mongers and rapists and such justify their actions?"

also, there is only cold water in the toilet. no ramen can be had from there.

anyway. welcome. keep your nose clean.

ps... btw youre talking to someone who can barely afford to eat. Any extra money ive had goes to feeding me. and my tapeworm.
Back to top Go down
Agent Null

Agent Null

Greetings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings   Greetings Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 5:16 am

Well...then let's dissect our exchange point by point then, shall we? Forgive my snipping of your comments. I do it only for the purpose of brevity, I assure you.

Z wrote:
what have you done that marks you as an undesirable?

If our exchange has been any indication, it is my ideas with regard to human nature that makes me undesirable, if you think about it.

Z wrote:
or are you simply an aggressive personality here to antagonize us?

I will answer this by referring to a portion of my first response:

Agent Null wrote:
I choose not be antagonistic unless otherwise antagonised.

Z wrote:
it answers a lot of questions, maybe not that one in particular. mostly the unasked question, "how do power mongers and rapists and such justify their actions?"

Thinly veiled slander notwithstanding, people who choose to spend their lives devoted to the cause of aiding those less fortunate can justify their actions with the same rationale. Things are not as cut-and-dried as you may believe.

Z wrote:
also, there is only cold water in the toilet. no ramen can be had from there.

True enough. But soba can. (yes, it is a terrible pun I realise, but somebody had to inject some levity into this. Figured it may as well be myself.)

In any case, I thank you for the opportunity to clarify my previous statements. It is my utmost hope that this will help bring us to a greater understanding.

One last thing, for the record: I too have trouble gathering the necessary funds to live in relative comfort. Perhaps we are not as diffferent as one may think.

-AN
Back to top Go down

Greetings Empty
PostSubject: oi vey   Greetings Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 5:48 am

no offense, but it sounds a lot like youre monologuing right now. are you monologuing right now? its cool, i just wanna know so i can check the cookies. haha just bustin your balls, susan. have fun with it, its the internet. this is where i go to relax.
Back to top Go down
Agent Null

Agent Null

Greetings Empty
PostSubject: Of Course I'm Monologuing!   Greetings Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 6:26 am

Yes, I'm monologuing! I'm supposed to be THE BAD GUY here! Very Happy

I apologise if I came off too strong though. So, hmm...truce?

-AN
Back to top Go down

Greetings Empty
PostSubject: indeed.   Greetings Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 6:31 am

Sure, why not. At least until we're absolutely forced to do battle at some distant place and time. Who knows... we might even end up arch-nemesis. ha.

wow i feel dirty after saying that. see what i mean...
Back to top Go down
EMidknight

EMidknight

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-03-27

Greetings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings   Greetings Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 5:05 pm

This is just a question of symantics, but your description of yourself doesn't sound like a villain. Anti-social behavior sure. But not antagonizing unless antagonized, and being low on living means (which i think we all are) makes you seem more of a hermit than a villian.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/emidknight

Greetings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings   Greetings Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 5:50 pm

I don't understand most of the conversation here. Partly because for some reason the topic doesn't fit on the whole screen. The other part because I guess I'm simple minded. Oh well...
However, I do have to say people do have a moral compass. If you choose to believe it or ignore it everyone knows what is right or wrong. Everyone knows deep down what is the right thing to do or not. It depends on what excuses or lies you tell yourself. For example I hate it when people blame their parents for the way they are. If you know what your parents did was wrong, then why do you choose to act in the same way? I understand in cases like Bi Polar depression and stuff like that where its a physical condition. But you know it was wrong and you use it as a excuse to give in to your desire to hurt others.
People make a choice one way or the other. Accepting the fact that you make mistakes does not make you a bad person. Likewise you shouldn't ignore the fact that you can fail.
And its not the scope of the deeds that determine how much of a good guy you are, but the struggle to just everyday to wake up everyday and do the best you can at your job, life, whatever.
To give a quote of the great Martin Luther King, Jr.
"If a man is called to be a streetsweeper, he should sweep streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the host of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great streetsweeper who did his job well."
Back to top Go down
Agent Null

Agent Null

Greetings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings   Greetings Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2008 1:51 am

EMidknight- Funny you should say that, as my battle cry is, "GET OFF MY PROPERTY!!!" Wink

Zeta- I don't know why the forum did that with my posts. It is a touch on the annoying side...
As for your other comments, I believe I will start another thread regarding this. It is a fascinating topic after all.

-AN
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Greetings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings   Greetings Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greetings
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Earth Agents Forum :: Introductions-
Jump to: