Earth Agents Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Earth Agents Forum

Where we discuss things revalent to the group

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Weapons?

Go down 
+4
thanatos
Justifier
Superman
Dog Soldier
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Dog Soldier

Dog Soldier

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-01-18

Weapons? Empty
PostSubject: Weapons?   Weapons? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 11:10 am

I saw a lot of pretty blades and Batons in the pictures throughout this section, and Iam just wondering, where do you guys draw the line at weaponry? I mean, blades are already lethal force. I personally dislike the use of any lethal weaponry in anything resembling patrol, but hey, I am the new guy. SO enlighten me please.
Back to top Go down
Superman
Admin
Superman

Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2006-12-28

Weapons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapons?   Weapons? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 3:43 pm

The Gentleman " Tothian" and I use the word "Gentleman" loosely when applying it to him so fond of ego gratifying phallic symbols is no longer a part of this group. As a rule responsible folks advocate non-lethal weaponry when weaponry is used at all. Bear in mind though that in skilled hands something as innocent as a paper airplane can be lethal. Incapacitation without doing any lasting damage is the way to go whatever you use. If we were to strap on guns swords etc and start killing and maiming in some sort of insane turf war with the criminals we would be no better than those we chose to do battle against. However not all are in agreement with the views I have stated here. Probably one of the reasons they have their very own board. You’ll also find that many who post on boards let their collective mouths write checks that their collective asses can’t cash . The moderators on this board try to discourage such BS.. Most other boards like Zetaman’s do too.

Superman
Back to top Go down
http://earthagents.official.ws/

Weapons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapons?   Weapons? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 6:14 pm

Hmm, again, a check into local laws is good. Here is a very good site not only for items but for some rough legal guidlines as well

http://www.selfdefenseproducts.com/

http://www.selfdefenseproducts.com/stuninfo.htm

They will not ship to somewhere it is illegal.
Back to top Go down
Dog Soldier

Dog Soldier

Weapons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapons?   Weapons? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 8:59 am

Good, I was a little worried. I didna get into this to hurt people.
Back to top Go down
Justifier

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Weapons? Empty
PostSubject: Weapons?   Weapons? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 12:17 pm

I agree. I dont tolerate the use of blades, guns and etc. I consireded the use of pepper spary or taser and other electroshock weapons, but those all have proven to be if not lethal atleast dangerous. Like using pepper spary against someone who is allergic to pepper may cause a serious damage.

Back to top Go down
Dog Soldier

Dog Soldier

Weapons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapons?   Weapons? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 5:56 pm

*Shrug* I don't think I would really need a weapon, though the thought of getting a baton has crossed my mind. I have a friend in supply at a Military Police Company with stuff that the unit is gonna chuck. I may stop by and see what they got.
Back to top Go down
Superman
Admin
Superman

Weapons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapons?   Weapons? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 6:05 pm

As far as weapons go I have a right dandy design for an elecrtified pugal stick ( non lethal ) that's only electrified when you are holding it so that part can't be used against you. It ties in with a slightly modified pair of super soakers which are electrified ( like a taser )when held by the owner but only get you wet when used by anyone else. I suppose we may need to have a sort of secured section on this board or the EA site somewhere so designs for such potentialy nasty stuff is only available to responsable individuals. What do the rest of you think of the idea?

Superman
Back to top Go down
Dog Soldier

Dog Soldier

Weapons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapons?   Weapons? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 7:09 pm

I saw a device on a cartoon, I thought it was cute, then I saw similar plans on the internet, but it got pulled down, basically it is a glove with the palm inset with a taser. Seems a bit much though, and I wouldn't know how to design let alone construct one.
Back to top Go down
thanatos

thanatos

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2008-01-24

Weapons? Empty
PostSubject: weopons   Weapons? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 3:45 am

In theory I do not want to hurt anyone. But this is real life and if it comes down to me or him, or worse, somebody innocent, then force is justified.
I have meth labs and dealers along with crack dealers in my area. While most of what I will do is more of a psy-op, confrontations can occur.
I am well trained in the martial arts but also know that hands alone cannot always win a fight.
I carry two sai in metal ring holsters so that I can draw them either silently or slowly and make that nasty metal sound you hear in the movies when somebody draws a sword.
I employ a strobe device used for taking fast sets of pictures so I can get multiple flashes without a charging time in between.
I have what's refered to around here as bear spray. It's a slightly more "pungent" type of pepper spray.
I do have a robe knife but that is for other things, not really for fighting.
I also have a stunner. That's a hand held taser like device.
I would love, as I'm sure we all would, those "marvelous toys" of Batman's, but again this is the real world and I'll use what's real and works.
Too trickey could be fatal.
Of course this is just my opinion that i thought I would share.
Thanatos
Back to top Go down
http://thanatos2008.spaces.live.com
Dog Soldier

Dog Soldier

Weapons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapons?   Weapons? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 11:45 am

*shrug* I am sure someone with the technical no how could run wire through a thick glove with exposed prongs at the finger tips connected to a taser set higher on the arm or all the way to a belt. Just seeing if anyone has any ideas.
Back to top Go down
Superman
Admin
Superman

Weapons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapons?   Weapons? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 1:08 pm

Without getting into a lot of BS about what is and isn’t acceptable I have created a special sub section within this section for detailed weapon discussion. Those who are supposed to see it already do. This way any lookyloos that visit our board won’t see stuff that should be secured from general view. After all bad guys , small kids and other irresponsible folks have computers too and we don’t want to arm any of them. Please continue any weapons discussion in that area. If we need to upgrade the security on that section a simple note about it to the mods will get it done.

Superman
Back to top Go down

Weapons? Empty
PostSubject: this part is exciting.   Weapons? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 10:06 pm

i find that a slingshot usually works pretty well, depending on your level of skill with it, not to mention your ammo. if you get some ping pong balls, cut a hole in them and stuff strike-anywhere match heads in them (just the heads, mind you), they make for a great distracting fireball. As in, youre plenty distracted when your coat is on fire. Theyre not lethal though unless the person is soaked in kerosene. Which i dont suggest.

edit: i forgot to mention how those ping pong fireballs work; you gotta stuff the matchheads very tightly in there (and then tape it shut) so when the ball strikes something the matchheads all rub together and blaze up at once. be careful shoving them in there, though!!

like i said, Blast Knuckles are great. google them now.

Im working on a glove that is essentially a one handed battering ram for a variety of different situations. Its kind of a long cylinder with a dome at one end (with some nice little ridges just for fun). you stick your hand in it and theres a lateral bar to grab, therefore there are no contact points for the metal to smash against your hand inside. if you add some weight to the tip, say pour some molten lead in there (which im in the process of doing) you got yourself a pretty good rib-breaker. or a door smasher. (disclaimer: youre going to have to know how to throw a punch as your wrist is gonna take most of the shock, if not all.)

the gloves in my avatar pic were ordered straight from taiwan (about 70 bucks) and are surprisingly well made. i have since taken off the claw digit on the ends as there is really no viable use to those, if you try for a claw youll just break the ends of your fingers. so they now just rely on the spikes on the back of the hand. (wear leather gloves underneath or these will rip your hands up, no padding at all inside).

if i remember anything else i will let you know.
Back to top Go down
Agent Null

Agent Null

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Weapons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapons?   Weapons? Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 3:28 pm

Well this is an old thread, but I'll post anyway:

Currently while I am out, I carry a hanbo. This is perfect as it is easy to carry around, and as it is made from purpleheart wood, it is as solid as stone (or close enough for guv'ment work). An added bonus is that I actually know how to use one. And if anyone asks any questions, I can say it is a walking stick I also wear sap gloves.

I am seriously considering purchasing some blast knuckles however. Pepper sray is also a must.

When I first considered doing this, I entertained the notion of bringing my pistol with me. I would need to get my concealed weapons permit renewed fthough. And to be quite honest, I never want to be in the position where I use it in error and cause the death of another.

-AN
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/agentnull_rlsv
Joshua X

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Weapons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapons?   Weapons? Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 10:05 am

Agent Null wrote:
Well this is an old thread, but I'll post anyway:

Currently while I am out, I carry a hanbo. This is perfect as it is easy to carry around, and as it is made from purpleheart wood, it is as solid as stone (or close enough for guv'ment work). An added bonus is that I actually know how to use one. And if anyone asks any questions, I can say it is a walking stick I also wear sap gloves.

I am seriously considering purchasing some blast knuckles however. Pepper sray is also a must.

When I first considered doing this, I entertained the notion of bringing my pistol with me. I would need to get my concealed weapons permit renewed fthough. And to be quite honest, I never want to be in the position where I use it in error and cause the death of another.

-AN

That's why when considering concealed carry, one should educate themselves on lawful use of a lethal weapon (in this case, firearms) first. In my time, I've not only been formally instructed by actual police officers in legal issues pertaining to firearms, such as when it is justified to use lethal force-- but I've also taken a course in "virtual training" using the FATS system. That's the very same training system that law enforcement agencies use, and it was taught at a gun range. Very fun, I might add.

For those unfamiliar with the FATS and what I'm actually talking about, you are given a phony Glock connected to a computer, much like you'd see at a Tilt arcade-- only realistic. You are given the actual number of rounds that a police-issue Glock has. You participate in a virtual environment in which a potential assailant comes up to you, perhaps asking for change (or an attractive woman hitting on you).

The virtual attacker then takes out a weapon within close range, it could be a knife, gun, or busted bottle. You are given seconds to tell the virtual attacker to drop the weapon.

The virtual attacker's moves are controlled by the officer who's running the scenarios. He might have the attacker drop the weapon after you tell them to (very menacingly, I might add), or the attacker will lunge at you-- you'll have microseconds to fire off shots until the virtual attacker is down. In one scenario, there was about 4 armed assailants (I think I got shot a few times).

If you plan to opt for concealed carry, please contact your local police/sheriff's dept., and do your best to educate yourself on the subject.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/the_joshua_x
ThePatriot

Number of posts : 393
Registration date : 2009-08-22

Weapons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapons?   Weapons? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 12:32 pm

Could a moderator move this to the weaponry forum?
Back to top Go down
Superman
Admin
Superman

Weapons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapons?   Weapons? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 1:28 pm

ThePatriot wrote:
Could a moderator move this to the weaponry forum?

You are an admin, which is a step above a moderator and can do way more. So don’t stand on ceremony you can move it. When I make a person an admin it automatically gives them the autonomy to do what’s needed without having to ask me. If I didn’t trust their judgement implicitly they wouldn’t be admins in the1st place.

Superman
Back to top Go down
ThePatriot

Weapons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapons?   Weapons? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 3:40 pm

Gee when did that happen?
Back to top Go down
ThePatriot

Weapons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapons?   Weapons? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 3:50 pm

I don't see that I'm logged in as admin. Maybe I'm just having a brain fart.
Back to top Go down
Sakujo

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2010-01-15

Weapons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapons?   Weapons? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 12:42 pm

I like to carry around a reversed edged katana like this one
Weapons? Image

It is basically a Blunt object because nobody is getting cut with the blade on the back, and after years of kendo I am quite good with it.

Not to mention the moral drop of people who think I'm coming at them with an actual sword, but nope it just hurts like a bitch.
Back to top Go down
http://lcliffot.wordpress.com
Superman
Admin
Superman

Weapons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapons?   Weapons? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 1:37 pm

Nice looking piece of equipment Sakujo, I tend to favor the long staff myself. Might be 1 too many Robin Hood movies as a kid. I saw that you registered on the yahoo group portion of the site. Perhaps if others have trouble doing that you can assist them. It would be nice now if you could make a post in the Introduction section so the rest of the group can get to know you. If you are looking toward a team affiliation we can either direct you to one in your area or assist you in setting up an autonomous one of your own. Welcome to the fray plenty of bad guys to go around.

Superman
Back to top Go down
Sakujo

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2010-01-15

Weapons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapons?   Weapons? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 3:05 pm

I made an introduction a couple days ago....

As for the team thing I'm pretty excluded from everyone else here by sheer distance. Also as far as I know there is nobody else interested anywhere near me really, so I'm just content doing my own thing for the time being.
Back to top Go down
http://lcliffot.wordpress.com
ThePatriot

Weapons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapons?   Weapons? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 7:28 pm

Better to cause pain then injure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Weapons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapons?   Weapons? Icon_minitime