Earth Agents Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Earth Agents Forum

Where we discuss things revalent to the group

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

You know him, you love him, the Patriot

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ThePatriot

Number of posts : 393
Registration date : 2009-08-22

You know him, you love him, the Patriot Empty
PostSubject: You know him, you love him, the Patriot   You know him, you love him, the Patriot Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 5:04 am

Greetings,

I noticed I hadn't introduced myself on this forum. After reading superman's notes to the new people here, I figure I might as well, as I've changed my name. I'm BrokenSpirit/TheAccountant/ThePatriot.

Superman thought BrokenSpirit sounded defeatest. So I tried the Accountant, but that sounds like I chase people around with a paper eraser. So now I've changed my handle to The Patriot.

I've always been looking for a group I've fit in. Atleast I seem to find a place I belong. Every time I seem to find a place I can talk about things I have to move on.
Back to top Go down
Superman
Admin
Superman

Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2006-12-28

PostSubject: Re: You know him, you love him, the Patriot   You know him, you love him, the Patriot Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 12:32 pm

ThePatriot wrote:
Greetings,

I noticed I hadn't introduced myself on this forum. After reading superman's notes to the new people here, I figure I might as well, as I've changed my name. I'm BrokenSpirit/TheAccountant/ThePatriot.

Superman thought BrokenSpirit sounded defeatest. So I tried the Accountant, but that sounds like I chase people around with a paper eraser. So now I've changed my handle to The Patriot.

I've always been looking for a group I've fit in. Atleast I seem to find a place I belong. Every time I seem to find a place I can talk about things I have to move on.

Well Patriot you have a home now. You even have your own piece of turf in The Super Computer Club. Everyone who joins our merry little band of Earth Agents will have the same. A nice Main Site to hang out on and their very own piece of Internet turf for personal and for team use. Here we don’t need elevate ourselves by putting others down. We’ll leave that to all the never do anything wannabes on other boards. Working together as a group as well as individual teams we will accomplish great things.

Superman
Back to top Go down
http://earthagents.official.ws/
ThePatriot

PostSubject: Re: You know him, you love him, the Patriot   You know him, you love him, the Patriot Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 12:40 pm

One thing is everyone going to want to spend time to run their own turf? I mean seriousily, throw in a 40+ hour job, a g/f, maybe a kid or two and RLSHing, and that's more than enough for most people. But maybe we should call it the Earth Agents Technology Roundtable as I don't like matrix organizations.
Back to top Go down
Superman
Admin
Superman

PostSubject: Re: You know him, you love him, the Patriot   You know him, you love him, the Patriot Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 1:03 pm

ThePatriot wrote:
One thing is everyone going to want to spend time to run their own turf? I mean seriousily, throw in a 40+ hour job, a g/f, maybe a kid or two and RLSHing, and that's more than enough for most people. But maybe we should call it the Earth Agents Technology Roundtable as I don't like matrix organizations.

Patriot you can call it whatever you want as it’s your baby. I’m not even sure what a matrix organization is. While everyone who wants one will be able to have their own personal web site not all are going to want one.

The Idea behind team sites is that as teams are local in nature, They should also have a local site to work out of and a have folks communicate with them that is under their control. After all what right has some schmuck like say (me) sitting in NY state to tell folks in Michigan or anywhere else how to handle things in their area.

Then with Support from the main Earth Agent site they will flourish and we will be setting up a much needed infrastructure to make sure what’s needed gets where it is needed. There are also a lot of things a lone team shouldn’t have to handle all by themselves. But as we get big enough there will be someone in one of our groups that will have a solution to any problem that comes up.

By combining individual and team sites, with a central site that is worldwide in nature, we will have an organization that’s too wide spread to take out all at once. We need to structure with an eye toward defense from the get go. Because as we start making our difference the bad guys will be coming after us.

Superman
Back to top Go down
ThePatriot

PostSubject: Re: You know him, you love him, the Patriot   You know him, you love him, the Patriot Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 3:39 pm

Greetings,

One thing to make things easier on yourself is you could make templates for the teams. Alot sites have groups, chat rooms, etc, that they can then customize. It would save you alot of work on your end.

By the way, a matrix organization is where you might have a person above someone then another person in charge also above them. Basically from what I have heard happens is that one person will be like "you need to do this," then another person will be like "No I want you to do this." So no one ends up happy. Though you keep telling me that we are all the same.

One thing too, is that there may be people in the SuperComputerClub group that aren't in the EarthAgents per say. I want to have a "Storm Squad" kind of like your "Robert's the Uncles". Then I'm also thinking of having beta-testors group to test things out before we recommend things for the EarthAgents. My thinking is some people might want to be involved with only certain parts. That is fine.
Back to top Go down
Superman
Admin
Superman

PostSubject: Re: You know him, you love him, the Patriot   You know him, you love him, the Patriot Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 5:18 pm

Like I keep telling you Patriot The Super Computer Club is your baby to do with and organize as you see fit. That Matrix thing as you describe it sounds like a pretty crappy deal. It would be impossible to enforce in any group on line. Where they have tried it such groups go poof every time. The only way anyone, can get anybody, to do anything on line, is by convincing them it’s a good idea to do it. What you say has to sound logical and make sense or folks just won’t listen. You like me, and many others forming up in here, have been burnt more than once by Internet group politics and other assorted BS. That’s why one of the things we will all have to dedicate ourselves to doing, is make sure that Such BS never ever gets a toe hold in here. But as far as some of your crew not being Earth Agents goes remember 1 thing. We define an Earth Agent as "An agent of change living and working on the planet Earth." The way you describe them all of your guys will qualify under that definition. Remember while all Super Heroes are Earth Agents. Not all Earth Agents are Super Heroes. Computer Geeks and everyone else willing to join in and lend a hand are welcome as far as I am concerned. I’m not one for examining Gift Equines in their oral cavity. Now as far as a name goes, and seeing as you are into the computer cybertec side of things, how about Earth Agents CD to stand for Earth Agents Cyber Division? That is if you want to blend in with the rest of us. While nice, it’s not mandatory.

Superman
Back to top Go down
ThePatriot

PostSubject: Re: You know him, you love him, the Patriot   You know him, you love him, the Patriot Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 5:43 pm

Does have a nice ring to it. Though, not everything we will be doing will be cyber. One thing too is I think we could change the name by editing some fields and text. Though, I don't know if were up to division strength yet. How big is a division anyway?

Also another thing is I want to let people know about my plans. Then they might "buy into" the group and join. Also got some guerilla marketing in the works, just have to wait till I finish setting up my stuff.
Back to top Go down
ThePatriot

PostSubject: Re: You know him, you love him, the Patriot   You know him, you love him, the Patriot Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 8:10 am

So I found out there is another ThePatriot at the Heroes Network. Out of respect for him, I'm probably switch back to TheAccountant. Of course I could go by the Marketeer unless that's taken.
Back to top Go down
The_Baffling_WEIRDO
Admin
The_Baffling_WEIRDO

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2009-11-06

PostSubject: Re: You know him, you love him, the Patriot   You know him, you love him, the Patriot Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 2:52 pm

@patriot:
just as a idea for a few names? how about:the FURY,Crime Hammer,BLACK DEVIL,Swashbuckler or something like that? You know him, you love him, the Patriot Icon_scratch -bW*
Back to top Go down
http://bafflingwierdo@gmail.com
ThePatriot

PostSubject: Re: You know him, you love him, the Patriot   You know him, you love him, the Patriot Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 5:35 pm

Greetings,

One thing is I am not black, so black devil might not be such a good idea.

sincerely,

steve
Back to top Go down
The_Baffling_WEIRDO
Admin
The_Baffling_WEIRDO

PostSubject: Re: You know him, you love him, the Patriot   You know him, you love him, the Patriot Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 6:08 pm

just idea patroit nothing more. the FURY is really cool! or if that's taken maybe? FireFury or something like that or add NIGHT or A color to it if it's already been used. just trying to be helpful.You know him, you love him, the Patriot Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Superman
Admin
Superman

PostSubject: Re: You know him, you love him, the Patriot   You know him, you love him, the Patriot Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 2:04 am

Seeing as we are never completely sure what to expect from you next how about "WILDCARD"? Easy to spell and can fit just about anything. I got the idea from Goldeneye of the EALA and as you are both computer geeks it’s as good a name as any. Plus as far as I know on one is using it. The only other name that pops up is War Eagle. Let me know what you think.

Superman
Back to top Go down
ThePatriot

PostSubject: Re: You know him, you love him, the Patriot   You know him, you love him, the Patriot Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 2:39 am

Wildcard huh? I kind of like it.
Back to top Go down
The_Baffling_WEIRDO
Admin
The_Baffling_WEIRDO

PostSubject: Re: You know him, you love him, the Patriot   You know him, you love him, the Patriot Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 2:40 am

I got a idea? since you sighn your posts all the time,how about STEVE or maybe Steve Fury? You know him, you love him, the Patriot Icon_clown-bW*
Back to top Go down
ThePatriot

PostSubject: Re: You know him, you love him, the Patriot   You know him, you love him, the Patriot Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 3:00 am

lol I don't want to use my real name. Another thought would be professor S.
Back to top Go down
The_Baffling_WEIRDO
Admin
The_Baffling_WEIRDO

PostSubject: Re: You know him, you love him, the Patriot   You know him, you love him, the Patriot Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 3:40 am

I like that one,sounds good DOC! professor S works!
Back to top Go down
ghostridermillenial

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2012-01-02

PostSubject: Re: You know him, you love him, the Patriot   You know him, you love him, the Patriot Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 10:35 pm

I've changed accounts yet again to ghostrider millenial, as I don't want to ruffle any feathers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You know him, you love him, the Patriot   You know him, you love him, the Patriot Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

You know him, you love him, the Patriot
Page 1 of 1