Earth Agents Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Earth Agents Forum

Where we discuss things revalent to the group

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thinking about getting a scanner

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ThePatriot

Number of posts : 393
Registration date : 2009-08-22

Thinking about getting a scanner Empty
PostSubject: Thinking about getting a scanner   Thinking about getting a scanner Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 3:48 pm

Greetings,

I'm thinking about getting a scanner? What do you all think? What has your experiences been?

sincerely,

steve
Back to top Go down
Superman
Admin
Superman

Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2006-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting a scanner   Thinking about getting a scanner Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 9:26 pm

If you find 1 reasonably priced get it. If they sell them on a regular basis put where to go to get one in here.

Superman
Back to top Go down
http://earthagents.official.ws/
ThePatriot

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting a scanner   Thinking about getting a scanner Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 2:12 pm

Greetings,

Thinking about getting it from amazon.com. I've looked at specialty shops before but amazon still gives me a better price. Plus I can read the reviews. So yeah...
Back to top Go down
Superman
Admin
Superman

Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2006-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting a scanner   Thinking about getting a scanner Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 3:19 pm

Back in the day (in pre Internet times) I made do by getting old radios from good will that had the proper frequencies. Some were old enough to still be tube based. I adjusted each of them to 1 of the diffrent cop frequencies available in my area. Then as such a setup was far from portable I also ran wires from the speakers to a mike scrambeled CB radio which in turn transmitted (the mike key was locked down) to a cheap (but altered) kids walkie talkie that I carried with me.
It was a sort of Old School Rube Goldberg kind of set up but it worked. These days you can get stuff off the shelf that I had to cobble together when I was starting out. Sometimes I miss the "Good Ol’ Days".

Superman
Back to top Go down
http://earthagents.official.ws/
ThePatriot

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting a scanner   Thinking about getting a scanner Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 6:05 pm

I want to learn to soder however, I'm having trouble finding a way to do it. I was hoping there would be a kit available at radio shack. No such luck. A friend of mine sodered his motherboard but ended up buying a new one anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting a scanner   Thinking about getting a scanner Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thinking about getting a scanner
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Earth Agents Forum :: Technical discussions and devices-
Jump to: