Earth Agents Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Earth Agents Forum

Where we discuss things revalent to the group

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Daredevil's Weapon?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tothian

Daredevil's Weapon? Empty
PostSubject: Daredevil's Weapon?   Daredevil's Weapon? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2007 4:28 am

Hey Superman, (or anyone else who knows about this)

Do you remember that weapon used in Daredevil? The one he used that had multi-purposes to it. It was a billy club/baton that could also be used as a grappling hook. Do you think that - or something like that - or better - is possible to make??

If possible, I would have mine be just like his - except where his is primarily red and secondary color is like light silver, mine would primarily be green & secondary color be black - WITH my logo on it somewhere. If not that weapon, some kind of cool weapon with multi-weapon usage.

What do you think would be a cool idea for a weapon like that?

-Tothian
Back to top Go down
Master_Legend

Master_Legend

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2007-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Daredevil's Weapon?   Daredevil's Weapon? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2007 4:49 am

have you seen the video of my latest gadjet ,the Symbiote is going to make a baton with the same kind of design.also long ago there was a marvel hero known as the human fly ,one of my favorites but it didnt last long .he had a much more conceivable baton that i think could be built .
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/masterlegend
DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Daredevil's Weapon?   Daredevil's Weapon? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2007 11:07 pm

Tothian wrote:
Hey Superman, (or anyone else who knows about this)

Do you remember that weapon used in Daredevil? The one he used that had multi-purposes to it. It was a billy club/baton that could also be used as a grappling hook. Do you think that - or something like that - or better - is possible to make??

If possible, I would have mine be just like his - except where his is primarily red and secondary color is like light silver, mine would primarily be green & secondary color be black - WITH my logo on it somewhere. If not that weapon, some kind of cool weapon with multi-weapon usage.

What do you think would be a cool idea for a weapon like that?

-Tothian

Tothian, DarkShadow here. A functional baton like that could be constructed with the right tools. A cutting Lathe would be needed due to the fact the baton would need to be made of a lightweight yet strong metal. It would need a heavy-duty spring launcher mechanism in order for it to launch a grapple hook, not to mention a spool of some sorts for the line. My suggestion?...get your hands on an ARMA-100 like the one Citizen Prime has and work with that....or if you want to start with prototypes, check sites on making spud gun/potato launchers and see what you find that might be able to help. Of course you could always scan online for propmaking sites and find a prop replica of the DD club and fashion it with whatever you want. Just a suggestion.

DarkShadow out
Back to top Go down
Tothian

PostSubject: Re: Daredevil's Weapon?   Daredevil's Weapon? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2007 11:35 pm

Hey DarkShadow,

Thanks for the advice.

Superhero is the one with the ARMA-100, but Citizen Prime might have one too?

I am not really looking for any form of projectile weaponry - but rather a multi-usage weapon that can serve as other forms of gadgetry or different form of martial arts weaponry.

If you check out my forum, you will see a few other extendable batons I am considering buying, also. Perhaps if some other weapon was made, it could be made either from one of them, or based on them?

-Tothian
Back to top Go down
DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Daredevil's Weapon?   Daredevil's Weapon? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2007 11:09 am

Not a problem Tothian, Always glad to help out a fellow warrior.

I've been meaning to get my hands on one of those things and see if they can be modified to any extend. Wouldn't hurt to expeirement with it to see what can be done.

Can ya link me to your forum...i've been also contemplating modifying extendable batons and such for personal use...what I'm dying to really get my hands on is a telescopic quarterstaff or modifiying some expandable batons and put them together to make one. For me, it would be a preferred weapon of choice.

DarkShadow out
Back to top Go down
Superman
Admin
Superman

Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2006-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Daredevil's Weapon?   Daredevil's Weapon? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2007 11:45 am

Hi Gang,
Seems to me that this weapon has a lot in common with Batman’s Bat Rope Launcher. Any device along these lines faces the following problems.

Making sure the grapple hook gets where it’s supposed to go.

A thin but strong enough line to hold you and whatever or whoever else you are carrying.

A hoist or winch device strong enough to haul you and (whatever) up where it needs to go.

I have an idea for a device or combination of devices that will do all this and more. There will even be room for a logo on at least part of it. It would consist of…

A small radio controlled flyer with enough power to haul up a section of 500 -600pound test line. 500-600 pound test line might be considered overkill but to me no such a thing as too safe. That should be more than enough to carry you and what ever you are holding safely. It can either be guided by hand by line of sight or by a small camera on the flyer transmitting an image to the controller.

A battery powered winch or hoist with carrying straps to hoist you and yours up. This could possibly be built in to a person’s hero suit. Or kept separate as to not slow you down when you don’t need it. Keeping this part at ground level lets you get away with the 1st part hauling a lot less weight.

A radio control to direct the flyer. This could be kept separate or included as part of the hoist device.

While I will be the 1st to admit that this may not end up as small or cool looking as Daredevil’s Or Batman’s gear it has the saving graces of being reusable, fairly inexpensive to make, safe and actually working in the real world we find ourselves in. In addition the flyer part if you include the camera option can be used to scout out areas from a high vantagepoint at no risk to you. The 2 stickiest points in this are finding or adapting a suitable RC flyer with enough extra power to hoist the hook and line and finding the right hook and line to go with it. As always comments and suggestions are invited.

Superman
Back to top Go down
http://earthagents.official.ws/
Master_Legend

Master_Legend

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2007-03-29

PostSubject: Master Legemd Weaponry   Daredevil's Weapon? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2007 7:16 pm

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/masterlegend
Superman
Admin
Superman

Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2006-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Daredevil's Weapon?   Daredevil's Weapon? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2007 10:04 am

Hi all

In the future for claritys sake we need to list each weapon system seperately to keep things straight.

Superman
Back to top Go down
http://earthagents.official.ws/
Tothian

PostSubject: Re: Daredevil's Weapon?   Daredevil's Weapon? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2007 11:44 pm

You know, Symbiote has made a similar-type weapon to the one I was thinking of.

I actually have a tool, that was a detachable/attachable(by screwing on & off) mace/flail. But something got messed up, so part of it was taken apart. I could fix it, or I could make a more interesting tool/gadget.

I do have certain cords that I bought in Infantry school a few years ago, that I never actually used or I think not even opened up yet?

Any idea's?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Daredevil's Weapon?   Daredevil's Weapon? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Daredevil's Weapon?
Page 1 of 1