Earth Agents Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Earth Agents Forum

Where we discuss things revalent to the group

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

a nights adventure

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
thanatos

thanatos

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2008-01-24

a nights adventure Empty
PostSubject: a nights adventure   a nights adventure Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 12:46 pm

Was'nt sure where to post this so here goes...

While not planning on patroling regularly, I do see the value in it and decided to test a few things and tactics last night.

first, a bit of history.
I moved to this city about 12 years ago and had a hard time finding work. For a while I did what I could and worked security for a few of the office buildings along the east side of Vancouver. This is the most crime-ridden and poorest area in canada.
I learned alot about the 'street' here in the city along with the knowledge of many spots junkies and hookers used all the time.
I planned to check out some of these places as Thanatos and see what kind of results I could get.

I parked my car and prodeeded along a laneway that is pooly lit. I was dressed and geared up and put my mask and gloves on to be ready as I approached the rear of a abandoned building.
I slipped inside and discovered two junkies about to smoke their crack in private.
I walked quietly up behind them and said loudly, "I would'nt do that if I were you."
They jumped up and spun around to face me.
I expected that I would startle someone with my appearance but nothing like this.
The first guy dropped his pipe and just turn and ran. He tried to get a old door open but it stuck so he just kept kicking until it opened and he disapeared.
The other guy is almost crying, "Please don't kill me." as he backs up and steps into a large hole in the floor and falls to the basement. I look over the edge and he looks at me and then runs towards the exit.
So far so good. I obviously scared them.

I return ouside and walk a couple of blocks along the laneway.
As I come up to the parking lot of one of the bars I hear a argument going on between a female and a couple of males. I peek around the corner of the building and I see two guys and a hooker. The guys are shoving her around and laughing.
I decided to step in.
"That's no way to treat a lady." I said as I come around the corner. Maybe it was wrong to announce myself like that but I could'nt help myself. It was almost like watching someone else do this.
The biggest one stops hitting the girl and turns to look at me. He is stoned and seems to have trouble thinking. "What the fuck are you?"
I moved closer quickly and as I reach out with my stunner I say, "your worst nightmare chum." The stunner touches his hand and he jumps up and into his buddy who is just standing there.
The big guy is down and trying to get his face off the ground.
The second guy pulls out a knife, a cheap rope type knife about six inches long and lunges at me.
I step into him so the blade strikes my vest (Best 600 dollars I ever spent!) and it snaps.
Before he can recover I strike him across the face with my forearm. I am wearing moto-cross armor under my suit. I did'nt want to use the stunner as I was close enough to touch and was'nt sure if I would get part of the charge or not. His nose does a fast fold-over and starts gushing blood. He grabs at his face and falls backwards.
The big guy gets to his feet and runs twards the street. he climbs and scales a chain link fence in time that would set a world record.
The second guy is crawling away and I help him by a swift kick in the ass. He goes forward, gets to his feet and is gone.
I turn my attention to the hooker and she is just standing there with her mouth open. "Are you a ghost?" she says.
I decide to really lay it on. "I am Thanatos. I am the dark avenger. You know you might choose a better way to make a living."
She has her mouth open and finally speaks again. "Yeah well I try. What are you?"
I decide it's time to get going so I say. "A reason to fear the night." and I walk around the corner of the building,and 'disappear' in the shadows, then when I'm sure I'm out of sight I run back to my car and go home.
Results appear to be better than I had hoped, but this was only the first appearance.
I don't expect to have things that easy again.
Back to top Go down
http://thanatos2008.spaces.live.com

a nights adventure Empty
PostSubject: Re: a nights adventure   a nights adventure Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 9:24 pm

Oh wow. What a adventure. Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
Superman
Admin
Superman

Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2006-12-28

a nights adventure Empty
PostSubject: Re: a nights adventure   a nights adventure Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 8:49 am

Thanatos your adventure just made my day. You got the classic reaction I usually did when I was active. Reactions to running into a real live super hero type generally fall into 1 of 4 categories.

1 they figure it’s some sort of advertisement for a movie.

2 they think you are on your way to a costume party.

3 they assume you are crazy and got loose from somewhere.

4 (My personal favorite and the one you experienced) They accept you as the real deal and act accordingly. With comics and super hero movies being the only frame of reference to draw from they seem to assume their assigned roles every time.

You may want to consider listing the sources of supply for your gear in technical discussions and devices section of this site. Maybe in the Possible weaponry sub section.

Congratulations
Superman
Back to top Go down
http://earthagents.official.ws/
thanatos

thanatos

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2008-01-24

a nights adventure Empty
PostSubject: adventure   a nights adventure Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 5:23 am

Thank you for your comments. I am amazed at my little adventure as well.

I was VERY lucky.
I expected, at most I MIGHT scare some junkies off of private property. Not much else.
That I stayed realitvly calm and in control is a testiment to my training. The dialogue just happened. I've always had a bit of a big mouth and sometimes say things before the brain has a chance to yell NO.

I have a three and a half inch piece of knife blade as a souvener. The tip bent over on the plate and caught in the fabric.
I had to clean blood of my coat, hat, pants and boots and one glove.
I sat in the car and had a case of the shakes afterwards as the adrenalin wore off. I used to experience this in 'Nam.

This taught me a lot. I learned that we, (everyone who wears a uniform/costume) must look pretty wild to somebody all messed up on drugs. I can imagine how I looked to them.
Plus they can tell their story and people will think they were just too high to know what was real. But if it happens to others from time to time.....

I hope that my short visit out the other night did some good, even for a short period.
I hope some people are watching over their shoulders.
I did'nt do anything really heroic. I messed up a few junkies and probably stopped a hooker from being beat up.

I will consider it my first good deed.

thanks
Back to top Go down
http://thanatos2008.spaces.live.com
Justifier

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-01-11

a nights adventure Empty
PostSubject: Re: a nights adventure   a nights adventure Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 4:15 pm

I think you did something that is heroic. Adventures like that really inspires me. I'm not active yet, I want to train myself to the top and build up my gear and costume first before I start patrolling the steerts of my hometown. I hope my first patrol is going to be succesfull too. Keep up the good work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

a nights adventure Empty
PostSubject: Re: a nights adventure   a nights adventure Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

a nights adventure
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Earth Agents Forum :: General-
Jump to: