Earth Agents Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Earth Agents Forum

Where we discuss things revalent to the group

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

a question on public relations

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
thanatos

thanatos

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2008-01-24

a question on public relations Empty
PostSubject: a question on public relations   a question on public relations Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 3:03 am

Although you could say that I am operating now, I plan to "publisize" my activities sometime over the next year. I plan to be fully operational within six months so I have some time to plan this.

Has anyone ever done their own PR work such as sending out press realases or announcments?

I plan to send out a release to all the local TV stations and radio stantions in my area. They will all be mailed from diverse locations.
I also plan on sending one to local law enforcement including evidence and intellegence I have gathered.
We also have a local station that allows you to record a video message for a dollar to be played on a daily show they have on air. ("Speaker's Corner") you can do just about anything and I thought to use it to my advantage.

The realease would include a picture, my emblem and selected details.

Any thoughts?

Thank you

Thanatos
the dark avanger
Back to top Go down
http://thanatos2008.spaces.live.com

PostSubject: Re: a question on public relations   a question on public relations Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 3:53 am

A lot of guys end up advertising their services on craigslist. That seems popular.
Back to top Go down
Superman
Admin
Superman

Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2006-12-28

PostSubject: Re: a question on public relations   a question on public relations Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 7:30 pm

Thanatos,

If you want mail the releases to me(stamped and such) for re-mailing. My wife works for the post office at the local mail-sorting center. So I can have her send them out from work for me and they won’t any local post-marks being directly deposited in the outgoing stacks. Another Idea is a well placed ad in your local newspaper that includes an untraceable e mail address and a chat room that anyone can get into for on line consultations. I got the Genesis of the idea from an old TV show called THE EQUALISER starring Edward Woodward. There a ad directed them to an answering machine and he set up meetings at various locations. But as time passes we need to upgrade the tech if not the principal behind the idea. I like the idea of the untraceable e mail and the on line room as it makes it difficult for them to run you to ground when you aren’t physically present. As it happens we already have both the chat room and the untraceable e-mail service as part of the earth agent site. Feel free to use them as that’s what they are there for. We have more going for us than just this board.

Superman
Back to top Go down
http://earthagents.official.ws/
thanatos

thanatos

PostSubject: good idea   a question on public relations Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 11:58 am

I like the idea of some of the press relases coming from the US postal service. I'll get back to you on that. I will also have some evidence packages to be mailed as well.
Generally I'll just drop the larger packages in a mail box addressed to the police. With no postage I know it willget there as the Canadian Postal Service does nothing for free. (Hehehehe)
My big concern is getting return mail to me here. I am in the process of setting up several dead drops for mail and I'll have to get back to you on that as well.
Technically what I plan to do, even what I've done so far is against the law in Canada but I belave helping others superseeds the written law of the land at times. Just thought you might want to know that before getting involved in any way. (Cant have the man of steel arrested now can we?)
I'm also on the boards and the chats here to talk to others like me for advice and help. I rarely talk or chat with civillians directly, taking my clues from things I can see and discover.
This dosent mean that I wouldnt answer a call for help if it came, but I can find LOTS to keep me busy.
I remember the show. Great stuff. I want to build a network of people I help like he had. (Several superheroes in fiction had networks like that: Shadow, Doc Savage, etc)
I wil be posting later this week in an attempt to gather some additonal information from others about something I thnik I may have stumbled upon.
thanks
Back to top Go down
Superman
Admin
Superman

PostSubject: Re: a question on public relations   a question on public relations Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 3:06 pm

Hi again Thanatos,

I’m not sure how things work postal wise in your neck of the woods but here we do have mail forwarding services. Basically it gives an address like 344 Hampton Suite #15. Etc. Turns out that the suite is actually a cubbyhole like the old style postal cages where your mail is collected and forwarded to your true address. If we have it here like as not you have it there as well. Running your snail mail through something like that or even several of them may be a way to sufficiently sanitize it. Some of them even have on line links where you can check to see if you have mail before going down. As a destination address you may want to try something like the ACME Novelty Company. It would explain away just about any type of package from any location. Now the untraceable e mail address and the chat room besides being useful for talking to potential clients would also be useful for exchanging information with your helpers. The E mail gives out the IP address of where it is housed rather than yours. To use the room all you have to do is pick a name to sign in under. Anywhere with Internet access will do for logging on as all you need is the address. Nothing contained in the chat room can be used to trace your true location. I should know as I made it . I have more secure rooms set up for truly serious 1 on 1 conversations I can clue you in on if you need one. Like you I check some boards but in my opinion there is no substitute for a real time 1 on 1 conversation. A person can sound very learned with all the time in the world to compose a missive and use spell check. But in real time the truth will out. I have also heard about ways of setting up a phone through your computer to receive calls. I think Zetaman may know something about that and if he reads this maybe he will comment on it.

Superman
Back to top Go down
thanatos

thanatos

PostSubject: thanks   a question on public relations Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 3:22 pm

Yes we have the mail forwading companies here as well but in BC youhave to show photo ID to get one and I dont have any made up yet. (Yes I will probably use peter parker and of course, clark kent)
for 1 on 1 I plan to use one of the IM out there on a public computer from different locations around here. The library is great as they have privacy booths.
thanks. I may be on later to chat.
Back to top Go down
Superman
Admin
Superman

PostSubject: Re: a question on public relations   a question on public relations Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 7:06 pm

Thanatos

Most public computers near me have an A or floppy disk drive. If you happen to save a list of links out to a floppy ( making what I have come to call a key disk ) you will have all your needed tools in 1 spot. Hiopefully we will be able to catch up to each other on line.

Superman
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: a question on public relations   a question on public relations Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 8:04 pm

Well kind of. You can have a laptop and most newer cellphones have bluetooth connections which you can use though your laptop. But a public library is the cheapest way to go. The again, the library Ip address can be pinged. And as far as IP addresses, you are only going to get the city and/or company which provides it. So unless your information is out there and/or your looking at sites that you shouldn't, I wouldn't worry too much about it.
I have a few programs that cleans your registry too, if this kind of stuff makes you nervous. Give me a few hours and I'll upload them somewhere to make them availible for downloads.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: a question on public relations   a question on public relations Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 11:21 pm

Okay, my ftp program is acting up. I'll get to it asap when I can get though. One of them can be found at this link
http://www.majorgeeks.com/AVG_Anti-Rootkit_d5249.html
-Z
Back to top Go down
Superman
Admin
Superman

PostSubject: Re: a question on public relations   a question on public relations Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 9:12 am

Hi Zeta,

I’d like to suggest going to the yahoo group site section of the earth agents site for your uploading needs. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Earth_Agents/ also reached like everything else through the contents page of thesite. If you aren’t already signed up there it will be simple enough for you to do so. It is by approval only ( to keep out unwanted riff raff) so there may be a short delay till I go in and approve you. But once in you have a 100 megs or so of file space to play with. If and when that starts getting filled up I can move it to a different spot on the site leaving a note behind as to where it’s been relocated. I hope this helps.

Superman
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: a question on public relations   a question on public relations Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 10:24 pm

100 megs? Okay, I'll post the stuff there. I'm not hurting for webspace, but all my backup is on a host site and I don't wanna get ping for software share or anything.
Back to top Go down
Superman
Admin
Superman

PostSubject: Re: a question on public relations   a question on public relations Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 1:17 pm

Hi Zeta,

While no one will need a yahoo e mail they will need to create a yahoo id to get in. Not my idea it's a yahoo thing. The Yahoo group site part of the earth agents is set up not to let non members look and as I recall its set up so members need to be approved by a mod to get in. Keeps out the rif raf and other lookey loos. So Just in case I’m not around to let folks in I’m going to make you a fully empowered mod there to TCB. If anyone else wants to be a mod on the group site or the EA board let me know as I could use the backup. Remember it’s a site for all members of the RLSH movement not just a select few.

Superman
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: a question on public relations   a question on public relations Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 10:04 pm

Cool. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: a question on public relations   a question on public relations Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

a question on public relations
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Earth Agents Forum :: General-
Jump to: