Earth Agents Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Earth Agents Forum

Where we discuss things revalent to the group

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

greetings from the dark avenger in Vancouver

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
thanatos

thanatos

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2008-01-24

greetings from the dark avenger in Vancouver Empty
PostSubject: greetings from the dark avenger in Vancouver   greetings from the dark avenger in Vancouver Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 12:52 am

My name is Thanatos,

also called the dark avenger.
I live here in southern BC and I guess I have been a fan of comic book heroes all my life.
Even at my age I still dream of being one somehow but the thought of actually getting a costume and trying to do some good somewhere along the way seemed to make me feel like maybe I was a fruitcake or something.
Well, imagine my surprise when I read a article on the web about people doing just that. And they didn't seem like fruitcakes to me.
While some of the heroes I read about seemed more for fun than anything too serious, they were making a difference.
I decided that maybe the time is right to do something. to announce myself and throw my hat (or mask) into the ring.
I have given this serious thought over the last several years and can say I'm not doing this unprepared.
I have many skills that I have developed over many years at many jobs.
Let's just say that I am well versed in the martial arts and many diverse weapons.
I am very good with makeup and would consider myself almost a master of disguise.
I am a "student" of forensic science and have connections to the legal system here.
I have been involved in different activities in my city to help cut down on crime including ridding the building I live in of crack dealers.
I do have a costume. It's something I've been working on and am now refining and replacing parts with better parts.
When finished I will have two costumes.
The "everyday" one is a black suit with long coat and black shirt. A black tie with white skull and crossbones and a wide brim hat, (also black) a long black duster style trench coat. I wear a hood/mask with a green skull printed on it with matching gloves showing the hand bones.
The suit itself will be made of Kevlar and has BP panels. The hat is lined with a Kevlar shell and can be used a a weapon or shield.
The duster has BP panels and pockets for all my gadgets that I will rely on. I also have a utility belt carrying several weapons and tools.

You might also want to check out Thanatos on Wikipedia,

So beware evil. You who would do harm to others now have a reason to fear the night because I am there. I see all yet remain unseen.

Thanatos
the dark avenger

thanatos2008@live.ca

thanatos2008.spaces.live.com
http://www.myspace.com/thanatos2008ms
Back to top Go down
http://thanatos2008.spaces.live.com
Superman
Admin
Superman

Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2006-12-28

PostSubject: Re: greetings from the dark avenger in Vancouver   greetings from the dark avenger in Vancouver Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 11:57 am

Welcome Thanatos,

Recently the other moderators and myself have decided to tighten up security on this board and the rest of the Earth Agents site. Part of our new policy is requiring a post or 2 from all members to make sure that they are who they say they are. It was brought to my attention that we have lurkers who join but never make any sort of a post. Don’t know weather or not they are any kind of spy, bad guy or whoever else may bear us ill will. Frankly I don’t care personally who they are but they are clearly dead wood. So to coin a phrase familiar to American TV "they have been voted off the Island." If we are to be a thriving community with heroes worthy of respect we have to adopt a no dead wood policy. This isn’t just my decision but a unanimous decision of all the moderators on the board. So welcome to the party unfortunately there are more than enough bad guys to go arround.

Superman
Back to top Go down
http://earthagents.official.ws/
thanatos

thanatos

PostSubject: NO PROBLEM MY FRIEND   greetings from the dark avenger in Vancouver Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 2:55 am

I don't blame you for being cautious these days.
I have been reading and learning from several of the boards around. The information is quite helpful and helps me to organize and plan better.

I have several question that I will be posting over the next week or so. I'm sure to get some help and that means I can be better at what I do as well as what I plan to do.

Thanks for having me.

Thanatos
Back to top Go down
thanatos

thanatos

PostSubject: by the way   greetings from the dark avenger in Vancouver Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 3:12 am

how do you get a picture to show up on your profile? (on this board)

thanks

thanatos
Back to top Go down
Superman
Admin
Superman

Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2006-12-28

PostSubject: Re: greetings from the dark avenger in Vancouver   greetings from the dark avenger in Vancouver Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 6:22 pm

Hi Thanatos,

To coin an often used phrase in comics
" It looked like a job for ..............Superman!!! L.O.L.
I took the liberty of slipping a rather becoming picture of you in place for now from the batch you sent me to use on your profile elsewhere on the site. BTW. What did you think of the profile? If you would prefer a different picture tell me and I’ll slip it in for you or we can arrange a time where I can walk you through it. The way I see it is we all get by with a little help from our friends. Kind of like that Beetle’s song. None of us including me has all the answers. But by working together we will have them or be able to find them together.

Superman
Back to top Go down
http://earthagents.official.ws/
thanatos

thanatos

PostSubject: thank you   greetings from the dark avenger in Vancouver Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 12:02 am

Thank you very much Superman. The picture is great and the profile looks really good. you do a wonderful job around here.
I'll try to catch you in the chat room when I have the time.

Thanks for making me feel welcome.

Thanatos
the dark avenger
Back to top Go down
thanatos

thanatos

PostSubject: thank you   greetings from the dark avenger in Vancouver Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 12:03 am

Thank you very much Superman. The picture is great and the profile looks really good. you do a wonderful job around here.
I'll try to catch you in the chat room when I have the time.

Thanks for making me feel welcome.

Thanatos
the dark avenger
Back to top Go down
Figment

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2007-10-29

PostSubject: Re: greetings from the dark avenger in Vancouver   greetings from the dark avenger in Vancouver Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 3:57 am

Welcome, friend. You seem well prepared. Never stop learning.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: greetings from the dark avenger in Vancouver   greetings from the dark avenger in Vancouver Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

greetings from the dark avenger in Vancouver
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Earth Agents Forum :: Introductions-
Jump to: