Earth Agents Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Earth Agents Forum

Where we discuss things revalent to the group

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Oracle Project My Method/Idea Of Collecting Crimes

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TheQuincy

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-11-05

The Oracle Project My Method/Idea Of Collecting Crimes Empty
PostSubject: The Oracle Project My Method/Idea Of Collecting Crimes   The Oracle Project My Method/Idea Of Collecting Crimes Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 6:10 pm

I mentioned this Idea to Supermam earlier in my reply to him, I might try using the police channels in our local community and when a crime a announced over it I will mark it onto a map where abouts the crime had been commited ,I will do this for maybe 6 weeks or so just for some fun and Ideas of the crime that is in our community.
I got the idea of doing this from reading about the oracle project and it's begginings,but instead of patroling street's which I am unable to I will use the police frequncies to listen and find where crimes have been commited,this also might be a good Idea to those whom don't wish to risk their lives stopping criminals just for the sake of mapping community crimes and at a faster rate.

Hope this helps you to.

~The Quincy~
Back to top Go down
Superman
Admin
Superman

Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2006-12-28

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project My Method/Idea Of Collecting Crimes   The Oracle Project My Method/Idea Of Collecting Crimes Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 7:33 pm

Scanning Police calls is an excellent way of acquiring intelligence. We have a section on this site that lists all the code 10 signals for each area. You should be able to locate yours there. Other ways are the local paper, especially if it has, a police blotter report, and back issues of the papers usually available at your local library. Be sure to map out as much as possible what the weather was like as well as the time of day and locations of where the offenses occurred. As I was doing it in the pre computer days I used colored pins (1 color for each type of crime I was monitoring) with numbers on them. The numbers referred to pages kept in a series of loose-leaf binders. Each of those pages carried all the pertinent information on that particular crime. Like as not these days a person can go higher tech and use a database tied to a spreadsheet. One of these days I will really have to educate myself on their use. You will know you have amassed sufficient information when new crimes that occur start matching those you have already recorded. One word of advice though. Keep it current by adding to it as you go along. When new things are introduced like say (A REAL LIFE SUPER HERO) the statistics you are amassing may become skewed. Being a tad old fashioned myself I sort of cling to the map. If nothing else it looks really cool on the wall of your hero hideout should you be lucky enough to have one. But how you store and sort out the information isn’t nearly as important as what you do with it when the predictions start running true. For those who are more into hero support than confrontation a timely anonymous call to the local cops can work wonders.
Back to top Go down
http://earthagents.official.ws/
TheQuincy

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-11-05

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project My Method/Idea Of Collecting Crimes   The Oracle Project My Method/Idea Of Collecting Crimes Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 8:00 pm

Superman wrote:
Scanning Police calls is an excellent way of acquiring intelligence. We have a section on this site that lists all the code 10 signals for each area. You should be able to locate yours there. Other ways are the local paper, especially if it has, a police blotter report, and back issues of the papers usually available at your local library. Be sure to map out as much as possible what the weather was like as well as the time of day and locations of where the offenses occurred. As I was doing it in the pre computer days I used colored pins (1 color for each type of crime I was monitoring) with numbers on them. The numbers referred to pages kept in a series of loose-leaf binders. Each of those pages carried all the pertinent information on that particular crime. Like as not these days a person can go higher tech and use a database tied to a spreadsheet. One of these days I will really have to educate myself on their use. You will know you have amassed sufficient information when new crimes that occur start matching those you have already recorded. One word of advice though. Keep it current by adding to it as you go along. When new things are introduced like say (A REAL LIFE SUPER HERO) the statistics you are amassing may become skewed. Being a tad old fashioned myself I sort of cling to the map. If nothing else it looks really cool on the wall of your hero hideout should you be lucky enough to have one. But how you store and sort out the information isn?t nearly as important as what you do with it when the predictions start running true. For those who are more into hero support than confrontation a timely anonymous call to the local cops can work wonders.
Yes I think I saw the police 10 signal channel
listing's to on another site called the worldsuperherodatabase or directory I think?
Right now I currently do not have a scanner ,but I will give the police channels a look at.
And unfortunatly I do not have the capibility of patroling at night or at differen't times ih the neighborhood I am in,plus I live outside of the community /town I am a super hero for.
And actually no one knows of me yet ,and I try to keep annoumous and I stay as a normal person but Patrol when I am doing things or errands in a way.
Back to top Go down
EMidknight

EMidknight

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: My Oracle   The Oracle Project My Method/Idea Of Collecting Crimes Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 2:23 am

I'm testing out the Oracle in map form of a decent sized patrol area I have, As, call me new-fashioned, but I have limited patience for organizing papers for much longer than to make a spreadsheet for the Oracle Map. It seems like a spiffy idea as I have noticed that criminals in my area are not very creative in what areas they do business in, or maybe they have a frequent robbery card or something, who knows? Anyway, the map version of the idea is being tested.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/emidknight
BadCat

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-03-29

PostSubject: note   The Oracle Project My Method/Idea Of Collecting Crimes Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 10:02 am

I've been doing this for years without 'suit', and love your ideas - but the hard part is being able to get to the areas quickly - hence, I've been using a dirt-bike. Easy in, easy out - and you can buy them for like $300 used. Always take it apart and remove the #'s before painting it, and park a spare one in the closet.
Back to top Go down
ThePatriot

Number of posts : 393
Registration date : 2009-08-22

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project My Method/Idea Of Collecting Crimes   The Oracle Project My Method/Idea Of Collecting Crimes Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 1:03 pm

I could make a template, but I would have to research my excel is a little rusty.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project My Method/Idea Of Collecting Crimes   The Oracle Project My Method/Idea Of Collecting Crimes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Oracle Project My Method/Idea Of Collecting Crimes
Page 1 of 1