Hey there - I'm Figment.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Figment

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2007-10-29

PostSubject: Hey there - I'm Figment.   Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:10 pm

Hello, everyone.

Superman asked that I introduce myself here, since I got myself an earthagents email address a little while ago. I was hesitant, since it may be a while before I establish myself as a costumed do-gooder, but it's never too early to get to know those who have come before you.

I go by Figment, and I live in California. I'm in the process of making a Myspace profile page, so I'll begin networking with you all over there soon enough.

My whole life, I've been in love with the idea of the super hero - the idealistic guardian of the people, the one who stands up against evils that others avoid or cower before. In recent years, I've begun to seriously consider my life - my existence, really - and what I am going to do with it beyond my more creative, career-oriented pursuits. I decided that I want to help the world and the people in it to the best of my abilities. More recently, thoughts of protecting people as an anonymous helper started popping into my head. Certain events in my life were nudging me in that direction.

And then, a couple months ago, I discovered all of you. The Real Life Super Hero community.

It was around then that my fate was sealed. Since then, I've been researching my heart out, and slowly preparing. It may be a year or more before I'm out on the streets as The Figment, but I'm already augmenting my life - challenging myself to be a better person. You guys have made a big impact on me, and I look forward to speaking with all of you, and aiding you however I can in the fight for justice.

All the best,
-The Figment

PS: Superman, I apologize for missing the meeting you invited me to. I've been occupied with civilian concerns that have kept me busy - I hope to be able to attend the next one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Hey there - I'm Figment.   Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:52 am

Welcome to this message board Figment.
Back to top Go down
Superman
Admin

Number of posts : 357
Registration date : 2006-12-28

PostSubject: RE; Hey There I'm Figment   Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:00 pm

Hello Again Figment and welcome to the board.
Like the Bible says " The Fields are full and the laborers are few." So welcome to the fray. Donít be concerned about not being fully prepared at this time. That is what this board and the rest of the Earth Agents site (for that matter) is for. To help you prepare and get equipped with what youíll need to get the job done. You already show great promise in setting up an Earth Agents E-mail address for communication. They are automatic and do not trace back to your civilian identity or originating IP. We also have a yahoo group site folded into the mix for mailings and such. It would be a good idea to sign up there as well. The group site is reachable from this link. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Earth_Agents/. It is also reachable through the secure link on the site's content page. Setting up a My Space account is all well and good but you will also need to set up a stand alone web site or page as a point of contact for those who will be needing your help. Those most in need of help often do not have My Space accounts, Good Computer skills, or access to a computer of their own. Here you can receive help in setting these things up when you will need them. All on line help from this site is provided free of charge. There is also help available for costuming and tech devices. Those will be provided at cost if not entirely free. No one here is looking to get into your pocket and turn a profit. Thatís not what a real hero site is about. Feel free to ask any question you want. In my opinion the only dumb question is one you donít ask when you need to know something. As you run into other heroes on of off line feel free to promote the site. If you have any questions you want to ask me directly use the following address. [email]superman19492002@operamail.com[/email]. I am looking forward to your participation.
Superman

PS don'tworry about missing the meeting as you were hardly the only one absent.

goldeneye
Admin

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2007-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Hey there - I'm Figment.   Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:49 pm

Hi Dude,

What part of CA are you from? The group I do support for is in LA . Presently we arenít looking for any new blood. But who knows , by the time you are ready to jump out at the bad guys we may be.
Have fun and spread the word about the site and this board to all interested hero types. This is one of the few hero boards still running that fully supports freedom of speech and independent thinking.

Goldeneye
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Hey there - I'm Figment.   Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:48 pm

In otherwords, the rebellion.
Back to top Go down
Figment

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2007-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Hey there - I'm Figment.   Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:08 pm

Ahh, interesting. Part of the divide I've been reading so much about. It's somewhat comforting to know that this community is human enough to have the same problems as any other.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Hey there - I'm Figment.   Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:40 am

Yeah, the same everyhing as regular groups. Different opinion, levels, and egos (me included lol).
Or maybe I just a contrary person that likes to go against the flow at all times.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hey there - I'm Figment.   

Back to top Go down

Hey there - I'm Figment.
Page 1 of 1