Earth Agents Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Earth Agents Forum

Where we discuss things revalent to the group

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Real Pulp Approach To Real Life Superheroes.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
CaptainBlack
Admin
CaptainBlack

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2010-01-09

A Real Pulp Approach To Real Life Superheroes. Empty
PostSubject: A Real Pulp Approach To Real Life Superheroes.   A Real Pulp Approach To Real Life Superheroes. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 4:12 am

As a real life pulp ( termed modern warriors by a movement member ) within what the media calls the real life superhero movement I like going about uncostumed beneath a brand name, inviting the public to join the deadly serious fun of private crime fighting and humanitarianism. A more "heroic" society is my goal because criminals, from politicians to gangsters are organized, why aren't we? Costumed activists, in fact and fiction, inspire me. I just don't know if that RLSH style works for me and those more pulp than stylistically superhero in approach. I've ridden along with the police and have open channels with several. My column appears semi-regularly in the city's newspaper, a political foe sometimes submitting to publish my opinion editorials. Past infamy as a civil rights activist nonetheless provided a platform for promoting RLSH ideas with equal fervor. A known quantity like myself has some use in the gritty, backstabbing environs of the inner city; corrupt politics and heated issues where fictional pulp and superhero stories emerge.

The real pulp category has a shot at mainstreaming this movement to onlookers wary of colorful costumes while secretly inspired at the same time. Some pulp-flavored RLSH may sport costumes and other creative methods. Real pulp is an approach not based in clothing. It's simply another front beneath the RLSH banner.

Inspiration is one major purpose of this movement in my opinion. Uncostumed types can stand side-by-side with conventional citizens and serve as bridges between them and more colorful colleagues. We can help funnel inspiration into teams incorporating citizens patrollers; neighborhood watch groups and other private protectors. The security industry is another natural ally awaiting outreach. At bottom real pulps try to be on scene without needing costume changes to go into action. God bless our brothers and sisters who can suit up and do this vital work. If I could invent a quick change device I'd give it to every RLSH with a secret ID and a costume.

My contribution to this movement is practicing this lifestyle and promoting it to the public desperately needed on our side. Crime and other crisis demand alliances with more conventional citizens ( the rest of the species lol. ) instead of doing our thing at a distance. My fledgling Street Team concerned citizen fellowship; Buckaroo Banzais Blue Blaze Irregulars and the Department of Homeland Security Community Emergency Response Teams ( CERTs ) are examples of the teamwork I have in mind. That's the essence of what we offer the RLSH movement and society: commonground to work together instead of at arms length.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: On the costume front, I have been experimenting with a half face mask and hoodie for some ocassions.

NADRA ENZI AKA CAPT. BLACK promotes crime fighting and self-development as a real pulp member within what the media calls the real life superhero movement. He's also a safety rights activist; urban security consultant and communicator in print and presentation. Crime ISN'T A Civil Right! is his 2010 theme.
http://www.captblack.info.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/nadrasw1
ThePatriot

Number of posts : 393
Registration date : 2009-08-22

PostSubject: Re: A Real Pulp Approach To Real Life Superheroes.   A Real Pulp Approach To Real Life Superheroes. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 5:38 am

Personally, I'm still working on my "custome". Though I don't plan go to go running around beating badies up. People would think I'm even more crazy then I am now.

I'm trying to establish a group that's a homeless shelter in my home town. I would like to do some volunteer work for them. I wouldn't need to get a ride to volunteer their as I do the ICF.

Though I don't need to go seeking the bad guys out. I know who they are, and I'm working on dealing with them. One of the ways I want to do this is to teach martial arts in the area. That way, people will learn some self-defense skills and there will be an alternative to the "Rogue's gallery."
Back to top Go down
CaptainBlack
Admin
CaptainBlack

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2010-01-09

PostSubject: Re: A Real Pulp Approach To Real Life Superheroes.   A Real Pulp Approach To Real Life Superheroes. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 10:55 am

GOOD idea.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/nadrasw1
Superman
Admin
Superman

Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2006-12-28

PostSubject: Re: A Real Pulp Approach To Real Life Superheroes.   A Real Pulp Approach To Real Life Superheroes. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 1:58 pm

Captain Black,
Pulp heroes as you term them fall under the heading of Earth Agents. Earth Agents are individuals on the planet earth working to make a difference and leave the world a better place when they pass than it was when they started out. Dr. Clark (DOC) Savage Jr. etc would definitely qualify. All of us working together for the common good are what Earth Agents is all about. While Super heroes and Pulp heroes are all Earth Agents, not all Earth Agents are super heroes or pulp heroes. Folks who dress in regular clothes and work in half way houses, soup kitchens, habitat for humanity, Blood donators, Outreach groups and food pantries to name a few are all Earth Agents as well. Basically if your heart is in the right place as far as helping goes and you actually do something to improve things rather than just running your mouth you are an Earth Agent. Any skill can be learned. Any outfit normal or colorful can be made and worn. But the desire to help out and the grit to follow through on that desire with action are what’s basic to any Earth Agent. So Captain or anyone else who reads this, if you know folks with grit that want to help feel free to sign them up. If there isn’t a team site to fit them already we will make 1 for them.

Superman
Back to top Go down
http://earthagents.official.ws/
ThePatriot

PostSubject: Re: A Real Pulp Approach To Real Life Superheroes.   A Real Pulp Approach To Real Life Superheroes. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 5:38 pm

I have been volunteering at a local charity if you are reffering to me as running my mouth off.
Back to top Go down
Superman
Admin
Superman

Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2006-12-28

PostSubject: Re: A Real Pulp Approach To Real Life Superheroes.   A Real Pulp Approach To Real Life Superheroes. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 7:38 pm

Actually I was referring to some chumps on the heroes network board that are just playing at what we do for real. As far as I know all members of the Earth Agents groups are for real. If I ever find out differently I will do everything that I can to insure that they don’t remain members for long. We don’t do fakes in Earth Agents. I have no sense of humor and zero tolerance when it comes to fakes pretending that they are real in Earth Agents.

Superman
Back to top Go down
http://earthagents.official.ws/
ThePatriot

PostSubject: Re: A Real Pulp Approach To Real Life Superheroes.   A Real Pulp Approach To Real Life Superheroes. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 7:52 pm

I C, you had me wondering.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Real Pulp Approach To Real Life Superheroes.   A Real Pulp Approach To Real Life Superheroes. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Real Pulp Approach To Real Life Superheroes.
Page 1 of 1