Earth Agents Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Earth Agents Forum

Where we discuss things revalent to the group

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

collective knowledge systems

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ThePatriot

Number of posts : 393
Registration date : 2009-08-22

collective knowledge systems Empty
PostSubject: collective knowledge systems   collective knowledge systems Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 1:13 am

http://www.businessinsider.com/collective-knowledge-systems-2010-1?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+typepad%2Falleyinsider%2Fsilicon_alley_insider+%28Silicon+Alley+Insider%29

One thing I've been wanting to do is create a reporting page. Since the Librarians super hero reporting page works with the RLSH. Also, the infromation is submitted to the authorities. Also don't know if a wiki is a good format for it. I'm thinking of a page for earthagents by earthagents.
Back to top Go down
Superman
Admin
Superman

Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2006-12-28

PostSubject: Re: collective knowledge systems   collective knowledge systems Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 1:30 am

Long story short WIKI SUCKS!! While the concept of wiki and wilkepedia sound nice any idiot can go in and change information at will. That makes it totally unreliable.

Superman
Back to top Go down
http://earthagents.official.ws/
ThePatriot

PostSubject: Re: collective knowledge systems   collective knowledge systems Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 1:38 am

Greetings,

What do you think of content management systems?
Back to top Go down
ThePatriot

PostSubject: Re: collective knowledge systems   collective knowledge systems Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 2:15 am

As I was looking through the digg website I noticed something. Digg has an api. It would interesting to incorporate it into the site.

http://about.digg.com/developers
Back to top Go down
ThePatriot

PostSubject: Re: collective knowledge systems   collective knowledge systems Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 2:31 am

Greetings,

By the way, it might be interesting to note that one person I know maybe become a sheriff's deputy. This could be interesting.

sincerely,

steve
Back to top Go down
ThePatriot

PostSubject: Re: collective knowledge systems   collective knowledge systems Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 11:43 am

Greetings,

So yeah I was doing my usual web surfing when I found a link about simplyhired.com. Basically, it combines facebook, myspace, etc. into one login. Now if we could do that it may solve having multiple websites. I also think it would save most people time. As most people have enough things on their plate.
Back to top Go down
ThePatriot

PostSubject: Re: collective knowledge systems   collective knowledge systems Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 7:06 pm

Back to top Go down
Superman
Admin
Superman

Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2006-12-28

PostSubject: Re: collective knowledge systems   collective knowledge systems Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 3:00 am

You don't want to use social networks because you are confined to the frames that they provide and if the main frame goes poof everything attached to it does as well. A prime example would be the original signal light at ning.com. You are also arbitrarily forced to join said network in order to see any content. This gets you put on all manner of Spam mail lists after said social network sells your information to advertisers. Information on a site should be easily viewable without having to add extra programs to your computer just so you can see what’s going on.

What I advocate in lieu of all the above BS is a series of stand alone web sites linked together by links pages or link sections on the site it’s self. When looking at one of these stand-alone sites you should be able to see everything there without adding special viewers’ etc to your computer. It is a particularly good idea when acessing a site from a public computer like those in most libraries, which usually don’t allow you to add software to them. Also if one section / stand alone site goes bad for any reason you only have to fix that one section / stand alone site. You aren’t stuck rebuilding from scratch and losing needed data. If you also follow my practice of keeping copies of your work on removable media beside the computer you can then repair whatever section was damaged with a simple copy and paste from your backup. For examples check out the Main Earth Agents site and the LA and NY team sites.

Sorry if I sound a tad stern on this one but I feel strongly about the subject.
Superman
Back to top Go down
http://earthagents.official.ws/
ThePatriot

PostSubject: Re: collective knowledge systems   collective knowledge systems Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 3:55 am

Maybe the ICQ page might best be left to individual members then. At the moment I'm researching some of your guerilla style html tages. They seem different then when I looked at them before.
Back to top Go down
ThePatriot

PostSubject: Re: collective knowledge systems   collective knowledge systems Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 4:22 am

So this doesn't mean you would be against me starting a Earth Agents reporting form?
Back to top Go down
ThePatriot

PostSubject: Re: collective knowledge systems   collective knowledge systems Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 5:15 am

After downloading the ICQ program previousily mentioned I think it's got alot of potential. However, it doesn't have things for some of the sites I visit like slashdot, reddit, megite.com, myspace, etc. It would save me alot of time to just have one long in that I could check all the stuff on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: collective knowledge systems   collective knowledge systems Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

collective knowledge systems
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Earth Agents Forum :: Technical discussions and devices-
Jump to: