Earth Agents Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Earth Agents Forum

Where we discuss things revalent to the group

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

force trainer

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ThePatriot

Number of posts : 393
Registration date : 2009-08-22

force trainer Empty
PostSubject: force trainer   force trainer Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 4:47 am

Back to top Go down
Sakujo

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2010-01-15

force trainer Empty
PostSubject: Re: force trainer   force trainer Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 11:52 am

A family member got this for Christmas. It's wicked neat for a kids toy, but even the kid got bored of it within the hour..
Back to top Go down
http://lcliffot.wordpress.com
Superman
Admin
Superman

Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2006-12-28

force trainer Empty
PostSubject: Re: force trainer   force trainer Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 1:49 pm

I’ve seen similar devices myself and even posted about 1 of them on another board. That toy did a few more tricks but was essentially the same. But what makes this awesome isn’t the toy it’s self but the potential of a brain device interface. Some where in both toys directed brainwave patterns get translated into mechanical motion. Now maybe it’s just my warped little imagination but I can think of way more interesting things to hook it up to than what moves that little ball. Maybe I can find one on E-Bay cheap enough that I can buy it and take it apart to see what makes it tick.

Superman
Back to top Go down
http://earthagents.official.ws/
ThePatriot

force trainer Empty
PostSubject: Re: force trainer   force trainer Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 7:30 pm

Like a little ball that zaps you?
Back to top Go down
Sakujo

force trainer Empty
PostSubject: Re: force trainer   force trainer Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 9:52 pm

As awesome as alittle floating ball zapping you until you master your lightsaber would be, thats not the case.

Its basically a ball in a tube you can make move up and down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0C0vFJ1SgE pretty much shows how it works
Back to top Go down
ThePatriot

force trainer Empty
PostSubject: Re: force trainer   force trainer Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 11:07 pm

Greetings,

I agree with superman that there are applications to this technology.
Back to top Go down
Superman
Admin
Superman

force trainer Empty
PostSubject: Re: force trainer   force trainer Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 12:51 am

Somewhere within the toy there is something that accepts the signal from the head set and in turn activates whatever it is (likely a rheostat controlling a fan) that makes the ball go up and down. You could wire in a relay / servo switch instead which could activate and control any number of RLSH devices. The only limit would be your imagination and my imagination had no limits.

Superman
Back to top Go down
ThePatriot

force trainer Empty
PostSubject: Re: force trainer   force trainer Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 12:57 am

Though I think we should be careful we don't reverse engineer stuff.
Back to top Go down
Superman
Admin
Superman

force trainer Empty
PostSubject: Re: force trainer   force trainer Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 1:11 am

Why not? I’ve done it on many occasions and the idea of thought activated devices intrigues me. Sounds like something straight out of comic books and the civilian applications could be great too.

Superman
Back to top Go down
ThePatriot

force trainer Empty
PostSubject: Re: force trainer   force trainer Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 1:23 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reverse_engineering

Quote :
In the United States and many other countries, even if an artifact or process is protected by trade secrets, reverse-engineering the artifact or process is often lawful as long as it is obtained legitimately. Patents, on the other hand, need a public disclosure of an invention,
and therefore, patented items do not necessarily have to be
reverse-engineered to be studied. One common motivation of reverse
engineers is to determine whether a competitor's product contains patent infringements or copyright infringements.
Reverse engineering software or hardware systems which is done for the purposes of interoperability
(for example, to support undocumented file formats or undocumented
hardware peripherals) is mostly believed to be legal, though patent
owners often contest this and attempt to stifle any reverse engineering
of their products for any reason.
Back to top Go down
Superman
Admin
Superman

force trainer Empty
PostSubject: Re: force trainer   force trainer Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 1:36 am

We are talking reverse engineering of a device not a process. If I copy something successfully for my own use and don’t blab it all over town who’s to know? Besides what I have in mind is adapting a device which isn’t exactly reverse engineering. I’m beginning to think this post would fit better in the device section.

Superman
Back to top Go down
ThePatriot

force trainer Empty
PostSubject: Re: force trainer   force trainer Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 1:39 am

Greetings,

Of course there is the thought that if you can boost your brain ways then that might help you.
Back to top Go down
ThePatriot

force trainer Empty
PostSubject: Re: force trainer   force trainer Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 1:44 am

Might be different for personal use. But what if you eventually want to sell the product?
Back to top Go down
omnimonkey

Number of posts : 11

force trainer Empty
PostSubject: Grat possibilitites.   force trainer Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 3:11 am

I agree w/Superman. Reverse engineering for personal use, and if no one else knows, is a great idea. It makes me wish I were more mechanically minded. The possibilities are limitless!!!
Back to top Go down
Superman
Admin
Superman

force trainer Empty
PostSubject: Re: force trainer   force trainer Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 3:55 am

I have seen several similar devices like this out there so picking up brainwaves and making them manipulate things must not be part of protected intellectual property. So I am free to adapt my kiester off. L.O.L.

Superman
Back to top Go down
Asthma_Warrior
Admin
Asthma_Warrior

Number of posts : 17

force trainer Empty
PostSubject: Re: force trainer   force trainer Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 4:39 am

Now, I'm with Superman on this. This kinda thing intrigues me as well. I've seen that toy at meijer, didn't catch the price though, but I thought that it was kinda neat and it intrigued me. I always wondered what it'd be like 2 be able 2 move stuff with just the mind. If we could do that, we could probably scare the bad guys into giving up by making them think we can knock stuff into em 2 pin em and all that. And I did say probably.
Back to top Go down
ThePatriot

force trainer Empty
PostSubject: Re: force trainer   force trainer Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 5:02 am

One thing is that, doing something in a controlled in environment is one thing. Doing it a real life conditions is another. That would be quite a leap though. Also I know of one guy in my local town that has a gun that can shoot through a small hill. So I wouldn't be too sure about that.
Back to top Go down
Superman
Admin
Superman

force trainer Empty
PostSubject: Re: force trainer   force trainer Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 1:40 pm

I am thinking of this in a sort of gateway to adding cybernetic type devices to our RLSH arsenal. A sort of mechanical telekinesis. I have priced the devices and the cheaper models run in the 20-dollar range. You may find them cheaper on E-Bay. That’s in my price range (cheap bugger that I am) for experimentation. Right now I have other ways of triggering switches on devices. But the idea of a thought-triggered device for when your hands are full intrigues me. Like I said before that headset triggers a switch of some kind, which in turn activates whatever moves that ball. Don’t know about you but I can think of way cooler things to hook that switch to than some ball. Like say mechanical devices that augment our natural abilities giving us real Super Powers. I would be very much surprised to find out that I am the only one in here that has ever wanted real Super Powers. Rather than wish for Superman and settle for Batman, maybe we should be thinking Iron Man.

Food for thought isn’t it?

Superman
Back to top Go down
Superman
Admin
Superman

force trainer Empty
PostSubject: Re: force trainer   force trainer Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 4:34 pm

Me again,

I have done a little further research into this. It seems that
pickups within the device are triggered by increased electrical
activity. Also all electrical activity within the human body is
at roughly the same level or neural current for lack of a
better term. Having spent way more time lately than I care
to, being hooked to various monitoring machines, I can tell
you from personal experience that the pickups they use are
pretty much alike no matter what machine they are hooking
you up to. In fact I keep 2 that were used on me stuck on the
frame of my monitor to remind me of human frailty. Mine in
particular. This toy has a cheap and effective way to amplify
those currents and make them useable. As the neural
current in the human body is the same in every part of the
body we aren’t limited to the head/brain area. Imagine
adapting them to work and replace severed limbs. Said limbs
being controlled directly by the body’s neural current where
the lost limb has ended. Or an exo-suit that lets a paralyzed
person walk by tapping into their brainwaves. All of us are in
the business of trying to do good or we wouldn’t be here in
the 1st place. I’d say that restoring limbs to those that lost
them and giving paralyzed folks back the ability to walk fits
right in with our other heroic activities. What do you think?

Superman
Back to top Go down
Asthma_Warrior
Admin
Asthma_Warrior

force trainer Empty
PostSubject: Re: force trainer   force trainer Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 4:45 pm

Superman ur not alone in wishing you had real superpowers. One of the things I wish I could do was fly. Crazy as it sounds, that is one thing I wish I could do. Thats just one of a few powers I wish I had.
Back to top Go down
Sakujo

force trainer Empty
PostSubject: Re: force trainer   force trainer Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 12:27 pm

Superman wrote:
Rather than wish for Superman and settle for Batman, maybe we should be thinking Iron Man.

If that isn't inspirational I don't know what is.

I'm curious what ideas you have for this technology if you get some time to tinker with it? And not just the new limbs thing, but things possible with resources most of us would have.
Back to top Go down
Superman
Admin
Superman

force trainer Empty
PostSubject: Re: force trainer   force trainer Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 3:06 pm

Sakujo wrote:
Superman wrote:
Rather than wish for Superman and settle for Batman, maybe we should be thinking Iron Man.

If that isn't inspirational I don't know what is.

I'm curious what ideas you have for this technology if you get some time to tinker with it? And not just the new limbs thing, but things possible with resources most of us would have.

Well Sakujo part of it would depend on how many switches would be yielded by looking into the device.

As far as resources go you’d be surprised at what you can come up with if you go on scrounging expeditions at junkyards and second hand shops. My budget is likely as tight as anyone else’s is. So you learn to make do with what’s available like the folks in Junkyard Wars and improvise.

Soon you learn to look at something not so much as for what it was designed to do as what you can make it do. It doesn’t matter where you get your parts or what the device looks like as long as it works. Functionality 1st and let the pretty come later if at all.

One obvious example would be a radio controlled model helicopter with a mini-cam to fly over areas for observation. We better our chances for success and cut down on danger if we know what we are getting into before we are on the scene. My wife scored me a mini chopper on line for less than a 100 bucks.

Another example would be a radio controlled model car that can drive under the bad guy’s ride. A small transmitter with a magnet to make it stick to the car would make tailing the bad guys a walk in the park. A car like I describe goes for 20 bucks or so at Radio Shack.

Or use it like a sort of panic button to set something off to let you get away if you are ever immobilized. Then the old "hands up and don’t make a move" wouldn’t apply to you.

Long story short the force trainer is a switch. Adding relays (if need be to handle increased power needs) you can hook up anything you want to it. So any device you might want to operate "hands free" is a likely candidate.

Superman
Back to top Go down
ThePatriot

force trainer Empty
PostSubject: Re: force trainer   force trainer Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 11:58 pm

Asthma warrior you may want to check out this site.

http://www.newser.com/story/78917/nasa-develops-1-person-flying-suit.html

Superman, one thing is I have found it cheaper to buy off of amazon then Radio Shack. For example I bought a phone off of amazon for forteen bucks. At Radio shack it would be alot more.
Back to top Go down
Asthma_Warrior
Admin
Asthma_Warrior

force trainer Empty
PostSubject: Re: force trainer   force trainer Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 5:07 pm

Duuuuuuuuuuuuude that was pretty sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks 4 sharing that. If they can actually get 1 built and work out all the bugs then that'd be pretty sweet of a ride. It'd also be helpful for us superheroes 2.
Back to top Go down
ThePatriot

force trainer Empty
PostSubject: Re: force trainer   force trainer Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 6:01 am

I'm glad someone appreciates the information I provide.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

force trainer Empty
PostSubject: Re: force trainer   force trainer Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

force trainer
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next