Earth Agents Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Earth Agents Forum

Where we discuss things revalent to the group

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Advice for the new folks signing on

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Superman
Admin
Superman

Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2006-12-28

Advice for the new folks signing on Empty
PostSubject: Advice for the new folks signing on   Advice for the new folks signing on Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 2:49 pm

Hi Gang,
1st off welcome to the Earth Agents main Site and Board. As the founder of this little party it falls to me to let the new folks in on how things go on around here. What we are up to is creating a group of totally independent team sites or groups bound together by a central hub site. If you are reading this you are on the board for the central hub site. We define an Earth Agent as a person who lives on the planet Earth and is working to make a difference. So you are all "Earth Agents" whatever else you may choose to call yourselves. We support any worthwhile group that asks us for support. While many local groups are now choosing to take the EA name (appending Initials after it to show their local area) you don’t have to do it to get help. As a rule we help because help is needed and we can help. Now if that isn’t a basic tenant of the heroic credo it damm well ought to be. Now some might ask why band together? Especially if we are going to be working locally? Two fair questions. You band together to create an infrastructure where help and supplies of any kind are dispatched efficiently to where ever they are needed. You band together to share skills and avoid needless duplication. By doing it that way you get maximum bang for your buck and can help that many more folks by being efficient. The last thing any of us wants to do, is create some butt kissing clique, so folks (who lead dull lives in the outside world) can feel good about themselves by pretending to be bad asses and making posts in an on line world. You don’t have to raise yourself up by putting others down so we don’t do it here. Now some boards set up ranking systems based on how many posts a user makes. We don’t do that here as it fosters useless posts of no content on other boards. We do have admins on this board and on member sites and other locations. It would be a good idea to listen to what they have to say, as they are admins for a reason. Now as far as rules go we figure common sense will cover most of it. It would also be nice if new folks make a post in the introductions section by way of saying "HI" and say what groups interest them and what they are looking to accomplish. That way those with skill sets that apply can offer help as needed. A few of the Mods and Admins get nervous about lurkers and each and every one of them can ban at will without consulting me. So that’s it for the most part. Sorry to be so long winded but it all needed to be said.

I’m looking forward to working with all of you
Superman
Back to top Go down
http://earthagents.official.ws/
ThePatriot

Number of posts : 393
Registration date : 2009-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Advice for the new folks signing on   Advice for the new folks signing on Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 1:51 am

Greetings,

I'm hoping I can provide opensource intelligence, and technical support if the need arises.

sincerely,

steve
Back to top Go down
Superman
Admin
Superman

Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2006-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Advice for the new folks signing on   Advice for the new folks signing on Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 3:36 am

Glad to have you Patriot.Presently being self taught I use what I call guerilla style HTML. Why dont you look at the pages on the Earth Agents NY site to geta feel for it.
Superman
http://earthagentsny.co.nr/
Back to top Go down
http://earthagents.official.ws/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Advice for the new folks signing on   Advice for the new folks signing on Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Advice for the new folks signing on
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Earth Agents Forum :: General-
Jump to: