Earth Agents Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Earth Agents Forum

Where we discuss things revalent to the group

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

the unseen are easily forgotten

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
thanatos

thanatos

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2008-01-24

the unseen are easily forgotten Empty
PostSubject: the unseen are easily forgotten   the unseen are easily forgotten Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 12:14 am

On several threads I have posted some of my thoughts and I took some time to put them together and edit a bit. Sort of the lazy man's way of writing down his thoughts. Surprised
I thought I would share them here as well as on Myspace.
You may find it interesting, or strange, or of no particular value.
Their only some of my thoughts...

The unseen are easily forgotten.

http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/1349158/images

we have these tent cities here in Vancouver as well.
These are people. They are just unseen by most. These are people easily forgotten.
These are people who need the greatest help. These are the people I would protect

This is something that is happening everywhere. All across the U.S. and Canada, there are more and more people forced to live on the street.
Maybe there is'nt much we can do to end this sort of thing, but we can take care of this level of society. The lowest level. The most vulnerable. The most preyed upon.
Every so often I get reminded of things as they are. I was brought up Christian, and told it was my duty, as one, to take care of the poor. Anyone can see the reason for all of this. Greed.

It is greed that pushes the vultures to prey on the homeless. When I see things like this happening I know that the dealers and pimps wil be right there. Preying on them.

I'm sorry to get so uptight about this but they are the biggest reason I am doing this. They need us to stand up for them. That's why I am who I am.

Thanatos is the ancient name of the personification of death.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thanatos

He is the fore-runner of the grim reaper. I modernized him with a hat, tie, suit and coat inspired by the Shadow and others. (The long robe and sythe don't work too well in real life.) I wanted a character every one could be afraid of. To prey on the greatest fear, that of death. Very menacing to criminals.
I have personal reasons as well for the character development that I can't really go into.
They are the reason I became Thanatos.
I was told by a cop once that most of the people who live on the street have nothing to look forward to but death.

So...

I became death.

If their going to look forward to death, then maybe death had better watch out for them. Guess that's why I'm doing this. Just to try to stop them from being used, preyed upon, forgotten and disposed of. Even if it's just by a small amount.
Just trying to take some small bit of care for them. It's in all reality, it's all we might be able to do. I just don't want them to be forgotten. Storys like this should drive home to people that there is a problem.Reconizing that is the first step.
I'm not sure of the next....

We had the Picton case just a while ago in the news. This was the ending to what was named "The missing women case".
Prostitutes from the east end were disappearing for almost a year before anyone noticed. Even then little more was done than to paste pictures of missing women.
Very few people even tried to search for them.
They caught the serial killer almost by accident. They were not looking for any one particular person.
This is what has happened to society. We now have disposable people.
God help us all.

Sometimes it can make a person feel guilty for what he has.
I sat there in front of the computer the other day, grumbling and complaining about moving at the end of the month. (I HATE moving. My father was in the army and we moved every 12 to 18 months until I was in my teens) Bitching about all the work, the boxes everywhere. Where did all this shit come from in the first place?
Then I saw the above article and felt bad that I was bitching and these people don't have anything. Not even the desire to live.
I got angry with myself, for being so selfish. At the world for being the way it is. And I got mad because thee is so little that can be done realisticly.
My anger towards the last makes me just want to do more, to try and protect them. To try to help them. To understand them. I have always tried to always see them as people. Not just faceless shapes, but people first.
We all can only do what we can.

See? Just thoughts.....
Back to top Go down
http://thanatos2008.spaces.live.com
Nyte

Nyte

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-09-25

PostSubject: Re: the unseen are easily forgotten   the unseen are easily forgotten Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 4:20 am

I've been homeless twice in my life...caused by trusting the wrong people. It definitely wasn't pleasant....I wouldn't wish that on anyone. I had a job...and had a car at the time (the second time that is) which I was grateful for. I just continued working as hard as I could till I had enough money saved up to at least start renting a cheap room..and lived in my car. It was when I was living in the city which was rough..fortunately I found a place I could park at night...where a few local cops hung around and they knew I was there, so they would drive by and check on me throughout the night to make sure no one messed with me.

The first time I was homeless occurred in northern Wisconsin during the middle of winter...I literally would walk the streets at night to stay warm...or walk around in all night stores to stay warm...and then sleep in the library during the day, pretending to read...the small area I was in had no homeless shelter.

It didn't make me look forward to death though, if anything it made me have the desire more so to climb out of it and get back on my feet. I did something wrong to put myself in that situation....I trusted the wrong people. And I still do probably...I go out of my way to help the less fortunate...but unfortunately...it's not always innocent people who are less fortunate and we get taken advantage of. I try to show people that there IS someone out there who cares...cause I sure know what it's like to not have anyone or anything...it's the worst feeling in the world and I hate to think of other people having to face it. So I totally understand what you're saying...and I wish you the best of luck.
Back to top Go down
http://xroadx.proboards56.com/index.cgi
Superman
Admin
Superman

Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2006-12-28

PostSubject: Re: the unseen are easily forgotten   the unseen are easily forgotten Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 1:04 pm

1st off I’d like to commend the 2 of you on your views. Been between a rock and a hard place myself in times past so I know what you are talking about here. It is also 1 of the purposes for the Earth Agents site. Any site has 1 or target audiences and 1 of the target audiences for this site is the homeless. Who else would be desperate enough to seek help from such a publicly untried group as RLSH’s if not those who have no place else to turn. As a group they aren’t known for superior computer skills, state of the art equipment or maintaining my space pages. Their way of getting on line will be limited to public kiosks and places like the public library that maintain publicly accessible computers. This site has been designed with that in mind including the publicly available stand alone chat room on the site. The lowest common denominator it has been tested on has been that brain-damaged piece of cyber crud known as WEB TV. So anyone that can get on line can get in here. It’s all point and click for the computer challenged for the most part. While it isn’t always pretty it all works and is backed up to the hilt. No way is this site going down! Let all the little wannabes hang out in my space and do their little flash animation presentations, telling each other how great they are and what all they are going to do as soon as their super spiffy costume is done. We are the real deal here. We are here for the long haul (i.e. NEVER ENDING BATTLE FOR TRUTH JUSTICE AND THE AMERICAN WAY OF LIFE) and we are here to stay!

Superman
Back to top Go down
http://earthagents.official.ws/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the unseen are easily forgotten   the unseen are easily forgotten Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

the unseen are easily forgotten
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Earth Agents Forum :: Vent Your Spleen-
Jump to: