Earth Agents Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Earth Agents Forum

Where we discuss things revalent to the group

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

the police found me

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
thanatos

thanatos

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2008-01-24

the police found me Empty
PostSubject: the police found me   the police found me Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 10:53 pm

Many of you will remember that a couple of months ago I posted my first video ( http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=fp7RDFqEYOs ) as well as sending out copies on CDs to the local police and televison stantions. I enclosed some information and pictures and made a small 'press packet'.
The TV stations ignored me, I figured everyone just thought I was another crazy out there in a cheap costume.

Boy was I wrong!

While at work today my boss calls me and tells me a police detective from Vancouver phoned and wanted to get in touch with me about a personal matter. I deal with the police on a regular basis at work so I was curious but not too surprised. I thought it was some kind of routine matter. I called the detective and he said he needed to meet with me and could'nt go into things over the phone. Prety standard stuff. I agreed to meet and we set a starbucks as our meeting place. (My civilian identity)
I arrived and introduced myself to him, we had given each other a descrïption, and spent a moment with 'normal' talking.
Then I asked him what it was I could do for him.
He said,"You remember sending us something a couple of months ago?" A alarm went off in my head. "Yeah.."
He says. "A cd with a video?" I go "Yeah..."
He looks me straight in the eye and says "Thanatos."
I just about died. My mind is racing and I think about how my boss is going to be pissed if I get arrested and he has to come and pick up my vehicle. I stay calm and say simply "Yes."

It turns out that the Vancouver police took me very seriously and tried to contact me but due to circumstances were unable to in a reasonable time. This detective worked quite a while and finally tracked me down. They even tried to use a press release a month or so ago to see if I would contact them. They re-worded things wondering if I would respond.
He said they thought the idea was 'prety cool' and I was sending a strong, but worthwhile message to them. I told him I was very happy to co-operate and wanted to be a help and a friend to the police.
We spent about 45 min talking and asking each other questions. I explained about real life superheros and he mentioned he had done a bit of research. He knew about Tothian, Master Legend, Geist, Zetaman, and a "ninja-like fellow down in Seattle". Wonder who that might be?the police found me Eek
He actually thinks it is a good idea and great publicity towards winning support for law enforcement. He thinks what we are doing is great. He is all for me doing this and being able to pass info to the police. It can come from a 'secure source' and they can and will act on it.
He wished me well and looks forward to more communication with me. As he put it "I can be your commisoner Gordon." Wow!
They don't think I am a crazy. (yet) and I told him about my experience and training I've had over the years. I used proper terms and methodology descrïptions and he was impressed.
He is in the intellegence division of the department and told me he can forward information to where it should go, and at the same time he dose'nt have to share info about informants or sources. (I'm a source, not an informant according to him) This means he will keep my real name private and just put my file "away".

This is real suprising to me as I did'nt expect to get such a good response. It seems that anything that helps will be accepted.
Quite the day. I feel better about things now that I have a contact of sorts inthe police. As I told him, "I know I sound strange and wierd for doing this, but it's a strange and wierd world we live in now."
He agreed.
He told me to be careful and try not to get hurt. As long as I help, they will let me do things and ask no questions about any intellegence I give them.
Look's like Vancouver get's it's first supewrhero cheers
Back to top Go down
http://thanatos2008.spaces.live.com

PostSubject: Re: the police found me   the police found me Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 12:31 am

D'oh...
But you know what, you get a fantastic opportunity to expand what you do working along side the police. I so cannot wait to read your stuff in the future man.
-Z
Back to top Go down
thanatos

thanatos

PostSubject: just wait   the police found me Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 2:44 am

Zetaman- thanks. It is a wonderful development for me.

we shall see what happens and I will be sure proud to post what happens next
Back to top Go down
Superman
Admin
Superman

Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2006-12-28

PostSubject: Re: the police found me   the police found me Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 1:27 pm

Congratulations. Hopefully as things progress some of the rest of us will have just as cordial a relationship with our local police.

Superman
Back to top Go down
http://earthagents.official.ws/
thanatos

thanatos

PostSubject: thanks   the police found me Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 1:41 pm

I feel that I was lucky and also sort of prepared. I was friendly and aboove all honest in my intentions and plans with him. I explained about my background and previous training and above all stressed how I wanted to be a friend and a help to the police.

I hope this kind of attitude on my part will help others out there as they make contact and build relationships with their own local police.

And yeah, I put in a plug for the rest of yu guys and gals as well:lol:
Back to top Go down
Nyte

Nyte

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-09-25

PostSubject: Re: the police found me   the police found me Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 5:05 am

That's great! I figured the police would probably frown on such a thing...considering it to be interference with their work.

I am curious as to how they found your identity though?
Back to top Go down
http://xroadx.proboards56.com/index.cgi
thanatos

thanatos

PostSubject: they found me   the police found me Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 5:15 am

the detective found me using old fashioned police skills. That is about all I can say without giving it away.

he was interested and I can say I presented a good case for what I am doing. it's not all that glamorous but I should get results.

I'm not interfering, just being a extra set of eyes and ears for the police. If I can happen to be at the right place at the right time, more the better.
Back to top Go down
Superman
Admin
Superman

Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2006-12-28

PostSubject: Re: the police found me   the police found me Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 12:44 pm

While in an Ideal world we would all enjoy big T’s great relationship with the official police it isn’t likely to happen. Especially for the more vigilante justice inclined. But then again in that so called ideal world we wouldn’t feel the need for vigilante action in the 1st place. Best to be gone before they get there. If they never see you they have plausible deniability and don’t need to chase something or someone that doesn’t officially exist. Best to maintain a low profile and urban legend status on vigilante stuff. Toward that end we have a complete set of code 10 signals on the site to aid your get gone status. I know the ones in my area that concern me by heart. I suggest that others do the same.

Superman
Back to top Go down
http://earthagents.official.ws/

PostSubject: Re: the police found me   the police found me Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 4:25 pm

Astonishing, and very inspiring! I wish you luck with all you endeavors. It sounds almost like a Gordon/Batman proposal with that, haha!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the police found me   the police found me Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

the police found me
Page 1 of 1